mke2fs problem

Post by yaolon » Sun, 06 May 2001 13:28:31

Hi
I am trying to install a scsi hard drive on linux kernel
The drive was partitioned using fdisk.
fdisk /dev/sda --- and then create a partition
However, when I do an mke2fs /dev/sda1 it says that device not configured
while trying to determine filesystem size

Can anyone please explain the source of this error and possible solutions
Thanks

mke2fs problem

Post by Tber » Mon, 21 May 2001 05:23:11

I had a simular problem...  and notced that fdisk couldn't handle the size
of my disk so I used cfdisk instead
and the size came out correctly.

>Hi
>I am trying to install a scsi hard drive on linux kernel
>The drive was partitioned using fdisk.
>fdisk /dev/sda --- and then create a partition
>However, when I do an mke2fs /dev/sda1 it says that device not configured
>while trying to determine filesystem size

>Can anyone please explain the source of this error and possible solutions
>Thanks

1. mke2fs problem, fsck.minix problem

I tried to create an ext2 FS today - it made without errors, but when
I mounted it, the kernel claimed that the free inode and free block
counts were out by one. Running e2fsck fixed the inode count, but not
the block count. I am running a pl14u kernel. E2fsck and mke2fs are the
11-Jan-94 versions. Any ideas?

Another point - since I installed a pl14 kernel it has started to
complain about minix partitions not being clean. As far as I remember,
the minix FS didn't support a clean flag - I guess it now does. The
versions of fsck.minix that I can find don't support it either. Where
should I look?

--
                                       Andrew McNamara

2. Installation Problem

3. mke2fs problems

4. NES Emulation?

5. fdisk and mke2fs problem installing SLS 1.03

6. Simple network driving me crazy?! (quite long)

7. mke2fs problem with Fujitsu MO disk

8. Anyone using Linux ACPI w/ Abit VP6?

9. mke2fs problem

10. mke2fs problem - Not enough space to build proposed filesystem while setting up superblock

11. SuSE 6.1 mke2fs-problem

12. mke2fs Problems

13. mke2fs problem-- internal error: scsi.c 939