1. *- C-News Unbatching Problem -*
Sorry...I know there are more appropriate groups, but I have a limited
feed at this time...
A few weeks ago, for some unexplained reason, my stock Slackware C-news
distribution just blew up...nuff said.
So I grabbed the C-news distribution off sunsite. Much to my surprise,
it is a completely different version with a different directory structure.
That aside, and subsequently fixed to my system's satisfaction, I noticed
that _any_ news delivered via my UUCP feed posted earlier than the day
it is unbatched is tossed to /dev/null because on an 'ancient' date.
Here's a log excerpt:
`Thu, 22 Dec 1994 00:49:44 GMT'
`22 Dec 1994 00:55:14 GMT'
But then, hey, wait, it's junking stuff posted today too!
What's up with this? I've grep'ed and cat'ed and searched the relevant
docs and I can't come up with a significant reference to this 'ancient'
date criteria or how to set it.
Anyone have any ideas? I'm pretty boggled.
2. Help Wanted! UNIX / Internet
3. Sendmail and batched/unbatched Mail
4. static source profiler
5. News, News, News!
6. mastering CDROM's from a Novell volume
7. C news vs. B news and Xenix
8. Forwarding between NICS
9. NNTP News & Local News
10. Great News/Bad news on the APS Mac
11. help:feeding news to local news server
12. News ain't sending the news
13. 2.4.18-pre8 - Good news and bad news...