POP Server Problems

Post by Mark Morl » Sun, 20 Feb 1994 02:30:51

Hi all...  I am running a POP server on my system.  For the most part it
works fine, but occasionally it seems to hang up in the middle of a POP
session.  At first I was blaming NUPOP, but now my Mac users also
experience the same problem.

Any clues?  Perhaps there's a newer version of the POP server available...

Mark

POP Server Problems

Post by DNOW.. » Sun, 20 Feb 1994 10:01:35

I'm using the POP that came with Slackware 1.1.1, works fine with PCEUDORA
from qualcomm.  I occasionally get a hang of 1-2 secs.  but I assumed the
machine was busy with all the other stuff I'm having it do (primary DNS,
SLIP connection to internet, anon ftp server, etc ).

>Hi all...  I am running a POP server on my system.  For the most part it
>works fine, but occasionally it seems to hang up in the middle of a POP
>session.  At first I was blaming NUPOP, but now my Mac users also
>experience the same problem.
>Any clues?  Perhaps there's a newer version of the POP server available...
>Mark

1. pop server problem! help!

Hi, I am using red hat linux and ipop3d as my pop server.
Everytime I try to connect the pop server with Netscape on another computer,
after typing password, I get the following:

Could not log in to the mail server.
The server responded:

System error, can't open temporary file, do you own it?

and it also prompt me for a new password.
What problem is it? Anyone helps? Thank you in advance.
Jack

2. Chaging font size, how?

3. POP server problems

4. mount cdrom error