How to have root permission

Post by McEnr » Sat, 24 Nov 2001 20:18:06

hi,

i want to give root permission to two more persons.
Tell me a way other than shown below:

1) Give users UID 0
2) Give users root password.

i am only know the root password.I want to give system administration
permission to 2 more users who r the administrators.

Is their any way like in windows platform by join the username in the
administrators group.

ok

How to have root permission

Post by Lew Pitch » Sat, 24 Nov 2001 22:01:25

Quote:>hi,

>i want to give root permission to two more persons.
>Tell me a way other than shown below:

>1) Give users UID 0
>2) Give users root password.

 3) Make them members of the 'root' group
    (assumes that group rwx permissions are set
     on those files/programs that are needed)

Quote:>i am only know the root password.I want to give system administration
>permission to 2 more users who r the administrators.

>Is their any way like in windows platform by join the username in the
>administrators group.

Yes, as above.

Quote:>ok

Lew Pitcher, Information Technology Consultant, Toronto Dominion Bank Financial Group

How to have root permission

Have a look at sudo.

--

UNIX-Apache-Perl-Linux-Firewalls-LDAP-C-DNS | the CANLDES??
Seattle, WA, USA                            |