/etc/printcap entry and filters for NEC SilentWriter 2 /90

/etc/printcap entry and filters for NEC SilentWriter 2 /90

Post by MPS » Sat, 03 Dec 1994 02:25:06

Where can I get the filters for a NEC silentWriter 2/90 for a Linux
system. I
have to use Postscript, but can get by with the HP mode if I have to

Would some kind soul please give the printcap entry too? I have the
printer hooked on /dev/lp1 and have created the spool files. Any more
information than in the Printing-HOWTO file?

Thanks
Kamran.

/etc/printcap entry and filters for NEC SilentWriter 2 /90

Post by Michael Angelo Relo » Sat, 03 Dec 1994 07:09:35

Quote:>Where can I get the filters for a NEC silentWriter 2/90 for a Linux
>system. I
>have to use Postscript, but can get by with the HP mode if I have to

On my system, I just leave it on postscript mode... I did not have to
edit the printcap at all.  Just did an lpr <ps file> and it was fine.

Perhpas your printer is on HP mode?

Mike.
--
Michael Relova               |  Computer Science Undergrad