Cyrus IMAPd can't create folders in root of users mailbox

Cyrus IMAPd can't create folders in root of users mailbox

Post by Blueyonder news group » Tue, 15 Oct 2002 23:11:04

Using cyradm or an IMAP client i can't add a folder into the root of a users
mailbox, and the only folder that exists is INBOX (\HasNoChildren) if i
create a mailbox using the user cyrus or as the user in question i get
user.username.INBOX.foldericreate i need to have a set of basic folders
(sent items, drafts etc...) but i can't seem to add them, any suggestions
any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance

1. cyrus user account and cyrus-imapd configuration problem.

Hi, I am trying to configure cyrus-imapd on a computer with a fresh
installation of FreeBSD 4.5.  I installed cyrus-imapd along with the
operating system.

During the configuration process I am stuck on the point where I have to su
into the cyrus account to run the mkimap tool.  At this point I get an error
message that reads, "This user account is not available."

As you can tell, I don't have a lot of experience modifying user accounts.
Could anybody tell me how to enable this user account?  Also, I am a little
worried that by changing the account, I will lower the level of security of
the cyrus-imapd configuration.  Is this concern reasonable?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

federico

2. Prob with fibre channel & sol. 2.7

3. IMAP mailbox folder conversion to Cyrus

4. Need help with RedHat 5.1 ftp install. Network card not recognized. How do I give options?

5. user user mailbox doesn't exist; how do I create?

6. Routing btw Mac and Sun over PPP

7. root user can not create folder under /usr/local

8. a thin linux distro...

9. qmail / cyrus: cyrus deliver (lmtp) doesn't work ... need help!

10. run a non-root user's program from a non-root user

11. How to setup cyrus imapd

12. cyrus imapd v1.5.2

13. cyrus imapd