1. Mouse troubles, X works, selection, mousetest and 3d do not..
Hi. I have had Linux installed since 0.99pl13, upgraded to pl15 and
finally to Linux 1.0 when it was available. From the first day I have
had a problem with the mouse driver. My mouse has worked perfectly all
the time with X, but has never worked properly with programs outside X
that use the mouse, for instance selection, mousetest and 3d (the last
two comes with the svgalib package). In the beginning I though that
this was not so important, and hoped it would be fixed in the later
releases, however this has not happened.
Let me get one thing straight. It kind of works outside X as well, but
it's movements are jump and unpredictable and it sends "button-events"
randomly. I suspect there are some serious bugs in the psaux/ps2aux
driver. I have tried several different setups, telling the program to
use /dev/mouse (which is sym.linked to /dev/ps2aux) and /dev/ps2aux
directly, but no change in its behaviour.
My current system is Linux 1.0 installed on an AcerPower 1200 (66MHz
DX/2). As I have said, the mouse works flawlessly with X (which uses
the /dev/ps2aux device..) and DOS/Windows as well.
I am getting kind of desperate - has anybody got any clues on what I
can do to get it up and working in Linux OUTSIDE X? (And yes, I do not
try to run both X and other mouse programs simultainously..)
Thanks in advance!
Marius Kjeldahl, student at The Norwegian Insitute of Technology and
The University of Karlsruhe - finishing MSc late autumn 1994
www : http://rzstud1.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de/~ulh0
2. Broadcasting with multiple network interfaces
3. Two minor issues: mouse (not X11), display (X11).
4. wrong mouse...
5. Pls disregard my last posting about mouse not working X11..
6. Is there a market for CAD tools on Linux?
7. Mouse not working in X11
8. Dell xps 90 & Linux
9. Mouse not working w/ RedHat 4.2 x11
10. German keyboard and selection not working when working remote
11. Disk Selection Not responding to selection under 2.5
12. Selection dosen't work with ps2 mouse
13. does Selection work for ps/2 mouse ?