sendmail 8.6.9

Post by Dopey (Andy Wa » Tue, 20 Dec 1994 18:26:49

i'm running sendmail 8.6.9 on a linux box connected with dynamix slip..
my hostname is ganja.freehemp.org
but the slip hostnames are slx.ndts1.dsu.nodak.edu
x being whichever slip line i'm on.
is there anyway to alias the slip hostnames so that ganja.freehemp.org
will get mail sent to those addresses..
i know it's kind  of pointless to get sendmail working on a dynamic slip line
but i thought it'd be kind of neat.

553 ganja.freehemp.org config error: mail loops back to myself

any help would be great.
thanks..
please e-mail replies since i'm leaving tomorrow and might not have the chance
read the newsgroups much.

sendmail 8.6.9

Post by Doug Dejul » Thu, 22 Dec 1994 00:44:52

Quote:>i know it's kind  of pointless to get sendmail working on a dynamic slip line
>but i thought it'd be kind of neat.

It's not at all pointless.

It works just fine for outgoing mail, and you can set up
UUCP-over-TCP/IP for incoming mail if you've got access to someone on
the net who's willing to be your UUCP "neighbor".

(I've got to get my hands on the O'Reily Sendmail book this holiday
season, so I can iron out the last bugs in this setup on my system.)

--
Doug DeJulio

http://www.pitt.edu/~ddj/

1. sendmail 8.6.8 and sendmail.cw

As a result of the latest security related postings regarding sendmail,
I've got the sendmail 8.6.8 binary and configuration files (from our local
security group) but I can't find anyone to tell me how to set up
/etc/sendmail.cw for my site. Following the example file, if my machine
were public.x.org, /etc/sendmail.cw would look like:

public.x.org ftp.x.org

My machine, however, has no internet alias. What should be in my
/etc/sendmail.cw?

If you're reading this from comp.mail.sendmail, please respond via e-mail
since this is not one of my regular groups.

2. HELP! Web Server in *big* trouble!

3. sendmail SLOWdown (FBSD 4.1 / Sendmail 8.11.0)

4. firewall preventing NFS access

5. Sendmail routing to UUCP host on OS5.0.4 (sendmail 8.8.5)

6. General G++ linking question

7. AmiVIs+Sendmail+Sophos - Need a little help please with sendmail.cf for ..

8. Knoppix GnomeMeeting problem

9. mail daemon: smail, sendmail+IDA 5.6.x, Sendmail 8.6.4, umail

10. AIX 4.1 Sendmail; comp.mail.sendmail

11. sendmail queue delays (Sun sendmail, Solaris2.3, SS10)

12. problem in unstanding sendmail/cf SMTP auth (Solaris 8 Sendmail 8.10) Please Explain

13. mail sendmail sendmail.cf problems