Sendmail & Multiple Domains??

Post by EHC » Thu, 27 Mar 2003 06:23:32

Does anyone have any links or pointers on this. I am currently hosting 7
domains and I could have a bunch more if I could give them POP mail.
Currently I have issued each domain issued one mailbox where all their
alaises are dumped.  They want to be able to send mail as

domain on this server.

Any help or good howto would be great

Eric Haskins

Sendmail & Multiple Domains??

Post by Ingo Paklepp » Thu, 27 Mar 2003 17:20:27

For sendmail information, try comp.mail.sendmail.

For the POP server, try Cyrus IMAP (it contains a POP server, too). It
allows you to have accounts separate from your Unix accounts, and I think
also for multiple domains (haven't tried it). For imap information, go to
comp.mail.imap.

> Does anyone have any links or pointers on this. I am currently hosting 7
> domains and I could have a bunch more if I could give them POP mail.
> Currently I have issued each domain issued one mailbox where all their
> alaises are dumped.  They want to be able to send mail as

> domain on this server.

> Any help or good howto would be great

> --
> Thanks,
> Eric Haskins

Sendmail & Multiple Domains??

Post by Edward Lee e » Fri, 28 Mar 2003 01:16:15

> Does anyone have any links or pointers on this. I am currently hosting 7
> domains and I could have a bunch more if I could give them POP mail.
> Currently I have issued each domain issued one mailbox where all their
> alaises are dumped.  They want to be able to send mail as

> domain on this server.

We use full email name as account name in /etc/passwd.  That way,

1. Multiple domains for my node & Sendmail

I asked this quesiton on comp.mail.uucp, but it might be better addressed here...

Using a standard SLS distribution, how can I:

receive messages to my node, when addressed to 2 different domains, but the
same node name.

For example:

I use Taylor UUCP.

Example scenario:

at my machine, but since (I assume) my current node name is domain2.net, my machine
doesn't recognize it and insists on sending it to my smarthost...my smarthost
gets it...recognizes it as me, and sends it back...I get it and still don't recognize it,
etc.....[this continued for at least 10 loops]

QUESTIONs:
Is it possible to change files only on my machine, and get my machine to be recognized
as both domains when receiving mail?
What changes need to be made and where? Who's problem (besides mine) is this...sendmail or
uucp?

Thanks a whole lot...looked in 'Managing UUCP...' and didn't see an answer. My local
sys-admin didn't know the answer...

--Mike

---

| (512) 891-8582   Motorola - Semiconductors  Austin, TX       |
| Contrary to what most people say, the most dangerous animal  |
| in the world is not the lion or the tiger or even the        |
| elephant. It's a shark riding on an elephant's back, just    |
| trampling and eating everything they see.                    |
|                           --  Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey   |

2. User authentication with Apache.

3. Linux 1.2.13, BIND, & sendmail 8.7 mail store & forwarding for non-ip domains

4. Where to find telnet client source?

5. HELP: Trying to configure sendmail for multiple domains.

6. External CD-ROM attached to parallel port & Linux

7. multiple domains and sendmail

8. DG/UX Boot Command

9. multiple domain for SENDMAIL.CF

10. Sendmail 8.8.7 on RH5.2 serving multiple domains

11. Configuring sendmail for multiple domains

12. Sendmail to handle mail for multiple DOMAINS .... HELP !!!

13. SENDMAIL.CF for multiple domain