How to set Date/Time zone on Linux?

Post by Digital Ride » Tue, 05 Jun 2001 13:10:55

I tried to look at the previous postings but I couldn't find the
answer to this:
I am using Redhat 6.2 as the root user, I am trying to set the date
and the time zone on my machine using the "date" command, but I
could't find out how to set the time zone on my machine.  I could
retrieve the GMT using "date -u", but that's about all I can get.
Also, I would like to know if there's any way for me to find out
what country and their counrty code my machine can regonize?
Thank you very much for your help.

Digital Rider

Post by J Sloa » Wed, 06 Jun 2001 01:04:57

> I tried to look at the previous postings but I couldn't find the
> answer to this:
> I am using Redhat 6.2 as the root user, I am trying to set the date
> and the time zone on my machine using the "date" command, but I
> could't find out how to set the time zone on my machine.

Use the "tzselect" utility.
(The time zone is normally set during the install)

su

jjs

1. How to set Date/Time zone on Linux?

I tried to look at the previous postings but I couldn't find the
answer to this:
I am using Redhat 6.2 as the root user, I am trying to set the date
and the time zone on my machine using the "date" command, but I
could't find out how to set the time zone on my machine.  I could
retrieve the GMT using "date -u", but that's about all I can get.
Also, I would like to know if there's any way for me to find out
what country and their counrty code my machine can regonize?
Thank you very much for your help.

Digital Rider

2. pppd dies with error 10 or 15 when sending request to isp

3. /var partition filling up

4. Setting date correctly for my time zone

5. dhcp wizard problems

6. NEED HELP SETTING TIME ZONE USING DATE COMMAND

7. VPN'ing with TINC

8. setting the time zone for `date'

9. Setting date correctly for my time zone

10. System date and file dates not showing in same time zone

11. how to set time and time zone correctly?

12. setting time zones in linux