serial ATA (SATA) GNU/Linux support?

Post by Nino Pine » Wed, 23 Jul 2003 06:18:47

Hello everyone,

I want to install Redhat 9.0 on a workstation that uses an Intel
D875PBZ motherboard. Chipset Intel 82801EB ICH5. This board also
includes built-in serial-ATA (SATA) support. I use a Barracuda Seagate
120 GB.

Early on in the install process it gives an error saying it can not
find a hard disk.

No drives found. No valid devices were found on which to create new
file systems. Please check your hardware for the cause of the problem.

Media is OK, i have Win XP installed on a partition an boots OK.

With RH 8 sends this message:

--------

hde: ST3120023AS

hde: lost interrupt

--------

Its there a way to patch the kernel?
I have read that some people has installed RH 9 with the Silicon Image
SATA controller, anyone with the Intel 82801EB?
Any Linux distro that supports this interface?

Thanks for any help!

--
Nino Pineda

1. serial ATA (SATA) GNU/Linux support

Hello everyone,

I want to install Redhat 9.0 on a workstation that uses an Intel
D875PBZ motherboard. Chipset Intel 82801EB ICH5. This board also
includes built-in serial-ATA (SATA) support. I use a Barracuda Seagate
120 GB.

Early on in the install process it gives an error saying it can not
find a hard disk.

No drives found. No valid devices were found on which to create new
file systems. Please check your hardware for the cause of the problem.

Media is OK, i have Win XP installed on a partition an boots OK.

With RH 8 sends this message:

--------

hde: ST3120023AS

hde: lost interrupt

--------

Its there a way to patch the kernel and make Linux recognizes the
drive?
I have read that some people has installed RH 9 with the Silicon Image
SATA controller, anyone with the Intel 82801EB?
Any Linux distro that supports this interface?

I have tried Mandrake 9.1 without success.

Thanks for any help!

--
Nino Pineda

2. How does PATH get set during boot; bootsequence?

3. Is MAXTOR SATA/150 ATA/133 PCI card supported (RH 9)

4. playing sound from multiple sources

5. serial ATA support

6. LLC/SNAP on Linux

7. Support for Serial ATA

8. Linux i PPP.

9. RocketRaid Serial ATA support (HPT374)

10. Support for ATA-2 or ATA-3 transfer modes.

11. sata problem / "pdc-ultra: [warning] disk9 ATA timeout"

12. SATA and ATA fixes complete

13. Does any Knoppix-based CD support nForce2 networking AND good SATA support?