VGA graphics in DOSEMU

Post by Glenn William Ba » Thu, 02 Jun 1994 00:31:20

I am trying to run dosemu5.0 on my Linux box. I can run it as long as I am in text format. As soon as I try to run any vga graphics I fail. I have a Western Digital video card: wd90c30.

In my config file I have tried:
video { vga console }  #This works in text mode.
video { vga console graphics } #Bomb
video { vga console graphics chipset wd90c30 memsize 1024 } # Bomb

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Glenn Bach

VGA graphics in DOSEMU

Post by Glenn William Ba » Thu, 02 Jun 1994 23:46:43

>I am trying to run dosemu5.0 on my Linux box. I can run it as long as I am in text format. As soon as I try to run any vga graphics I fail. I have a Western Digital video card: wd90c30.
>In my config file I have tried:
>video { vga console }  #This works in text mode.
>video { vga console graphics } #Bomb
>video { vga console graphics chipset wd90c30 memsize 1024 } # Bomb
>Any ideas?
>Thanks,
>Glenn Bach

Based on suggestions I was able to find the problem. The bios was set to use
0xe000 for video instead of 0xc000. As soon as I switched it, everything
worked, even 800x600 graphics.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Glenn