tftp writing problems...

Post by loDtaQqu'wI » Sun, 25 Sep 1994 02:03:44

I can't seem to get tftp to write a file correctly...let me see if I
can demonstrate:

    touch /tmp/bar
    chmod 777 /tmp/bar
    tftp 127.0.0.1
    put foo /tmp/bar

foo is 20 bytes, it arrives fine.

    put baz /tmp/bar

baz is a 40 byte file, it also seems to arrive fine.

    put foo /tmp/bar

but /tmp/bar is still 40 bytes...it has foo stuck on the front, and
the rest of baz at the end.

Is this a bug or a feature?   I can't tell.... :)  If it's a feature,
what is it used for?

Beej!

1. help with writing file via TFTP server

Hi Everyone,

I would like to know if there are ways that I can write a file to
my linux via TFTP server (I have TFTP service running on the
linux box) without having the file actually has to exist first
(i.e. touch filename).  I need to do this is because I need
to copy configuration files from Cisco routers to a TFTP
server (which is my linux box) and this box is accessible
via the public network.  I need to retrieve about 200 routers
configuration files and I don't want to give people access
to the box (i.e. run command like touch filename).  I know
the simple solution is to put 3com daemon server on
Microsoft windows; however, I am very paranoid about
Microsoft windows.  I am much more comfortable with
Linux since I know that it is a lot more secure than
Windows (no pun intended).  I am running kernel 2.4.1
on the box and very strong ipchains so I know that the
box is quite secure.  But going back to the question,
how can I write a file to my linux box via TFTP server
without having the file actually has to exist on the linux
box first.  This is an urgent situation.  Please help...
Many thanks.

David

2. Distributed Processing

3. TFTP Server that allows write

4. Linux 1.3.57 and PPP driver

5. help with writing file via TFTP server

6. Can't run a program from rc.d

7. Small Linux Distro

8. enable tftp and script tftp

9. Problem on tcp socket:two consecutive writes takes much much longer time than single write, why?

10. tftp problem

11. tftp problems

12. tftp problem