SLIP between Linux and BSD/OS -- anybody have it working?

SLIP between Linux and BSD/OS -- anybody have it working?

Post by Eric Raymo » Wed, 08 Mar 1995 16:49:00

I'm running Fall '94 Yggdrasil Linux (1.1.47) at home, and BSD/386 1.1 at the
nonprofit ISP I run, Chester County InterLink (telnet to locke.ccil.org
to check it out).

I have been unable to get a SLIP connection between these machines
working after several serious tries.  The dip utility dials out
correctly, but the BSDI side invariably dies and hangs up right after
login to the SLIP account.  One of my tech people, Pete Otterson, saw
the identical symptoms attempting connection from a generic Slackware
distribution.

Pete and I are both experienced UNIX hacker/admins, but we're weak at
SLIP troubleshooting and have run out of things to try at this
point. If you have successful experience with Linux-to-BSD/OS SLIP
configuration, please drop me a line.