Using Tia/SLIP with DIP

Post by Michael Hute » Sat, 05 Nov 1994 11:17:09

I finally set up SLIP using TIA as required from my internet host
provider. My modem connects, but when I try to use FTP from my local
prompt I get a message about host unavailable. Could this be a problem
with my host and nameserver addresses?

Mike Hutera

Using Tia/SLIP with DIP

Post by Iris » Sun, 06 Nov 1994 20:53:42

>I finally set up SLIP using TIA as required from my internet host
>provider. My modem connects, but when I try to use FTP from my local
>prompt I get a message about host unavailable. Could this be a problem
>with my host and nameserver addresses?

        Yes. Your Net provders name and address needs to be in your
/etc/hosts file. Then, define your nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf, like
this: nameserver XXX.XXX.XX.XX Where Xs are your providers address.
(Some providers have a different address for nameservice, ask them)
Finally, your /etc/host.conf needs to look like this:
order hosts,bind
multi on
        That should do it.

--
       Irish                                    __________________________

 Linux and TIA help  |  Reusable at many major |   FREE LINUX SOFTWARE!   |
Available on request |   FTP sites near you!   |__________________________|

1. Using DIP to make a TIA SLIP connection

I'm trying to connect to a provider who uses TIA as their slip
connection source.  I've set my values as:
local=0.0.0.0
remote=remotesystemname
rmtip=remoteipaddress

I connect in fine and seem to get a route set up but I still can't talk
to the remote side.  Any ideas?

Could someone post or send me a copy of their dip script for a tia
connection?

Thanks,
Bruce Adelsman

2. How sort 'find -ls' by date?

3. Sample dip/slip config with tia needed

4. DOS dosen't see CD drive, Help!

5. Linux help needed-Slip,dip,netcom shell,tia specific

6. Help! Help! with TcpWrappers

7. TIA/DIP slip problem

8. Am I crazy? I thought this could be made to work...

9. TIA-DIP connection as SLIP, How to DISPLAY!?

10. SLIP/DIP/TIA

11. SLIP woes: Help me get dip and TIA to talk!

12. ping hangs after using dip to connect to tia