Mosaic for linux or libXm

Post by Donald Griffin ( » Tue, 21 Feb 1995 03:47:55

Hi,
        I am trying to get Mosaic to work on linux.  I have tryed getting
the pre-compiled Mosaic but it wants (Mosiac-2.4.linux.tar.gz) the Xm
libs (libXm.a and libXm.so.1).  The source also wants these libraries.
Does anyone know of a place where I can either get the source to these
libraries for linux or where I can get a pre-compilied Mosaic with these
libraries?  I would prefer the source to the libraries because I know of
alot of codes that need them.

                                        Thanks
                                        Chris

Mosaic for linux or libXm

Post by Heiko Schlitterma » Fri, 24 Feb 1995 21:35:33

Quote:>I am trying to get Mosaic to work on linux.  I have tryed getting
>the pre-compiled Mosaic but it wants (Mosiac-2.4.linux.tar.gz) the Xm
>libs (libXm.a and libXm.so.1).  The source also wants these libraries.

libXm.so* is payware.  You'll get it if you buy Motif.

Quote:>Does anyone know of a place where I can either get the source to these
>libraries for linux or where I can get a pre-compilied Mosaic with these
>libraries?  I would prefer the source to the libraries because I know of
>alot of codes that need them.

See above, you are to buy Motif or use (from someone) statically linked
binaries.  (HUUUGE...)

If I had a licenced copy of Motif I would compile it and send it to you,
but ... I'm sure, there is someone sitting around ...

Heiko.

Mosaic for linux or libXm

Post by Martian » Wed, 01 Mar 1995 06:42:56

Just use NETSCAPE :^)

1. libXm.so.2 - Mosaic 2.7b5 for LINUX

I'm trying to run Mosaic 2.7b5-Dynamic but libXm.so.2 is not found (error
msg. "can't load libXm.so.2).

Can anybody tell me if there is any site where I could download it from on
the net? I made some search
but found none after two days of trials.

Thanks

--
Vincenzo Lorenzale
Seveso (Italia)

2. pcnfsd question

3. libXm for Linux and X-Mosaic?

4. KDE from CVS

5. Mosaic: can't find library 'libXm.so.1'

6. umount shared files

7. Mosaic & libXm.so.2

8. Modem installation on 5.0.5a

9. Mosaic/X can't load libXm.so.2