Backup tools for Linux

Post by Kevin Ho 572-8615 D3 » Wed, 06 Oct 1993 02:32:39

Hello world:

I wonder if there is any backup tools for Linux besides cpio. I use dump
to perform backup on SUN workstations and it is very good backup tool. I
thought of tar but somtimes tar does not backup symbolic links. Also, I
have to backup my Linux PC to a remote SUN since I don't have a tape drive.
I don't know if cpio allow me to do that. I know that dump does allow me to
perform backup to a remote drive. I would greatly appreciate your time to
help me locate a handy backup tool. Thanks.
Kevin