Scsi host time outs -- help

Post by Dimitri Vlahak » Wed, 23 Mar 1994 23:30:46

I keep getting error messages while running linux on my system, if I leave it
on for over an hour or so.  Basically they come randomly, and the message is
scsi host 0 time out, and I can no longer access my scsi hard drives, or
the partitions they contain.  The drives work fine until then.  This problem
has happened to me with both linux 99pl13 and with 1.0 as well.

My system has:

2 ide hd's
SB pro card, and cd
Buslogic BT 545 s scsi controller, id 7
Conner CFP1060S ID 6
Conner CP30540 ID 5

The problems started happening after I added the second SCSI hd, the CFP1060S,
so I replaced the drive, but the same thing happened again, so I'm at a loss.

I'ld appreciate any advice,

thanks,

--

1. SCSI Time Outs? Please Help.

I have a segate 2 & 4 gig SCSI II hawk dive hooked to an
Adaptec AHA-1542

I'm getting the following warning when I run fdisk:

*the number of cylinders for this disk is set to 2049
*this is larger than 1024 and may cause problems with
*software that runs at boot (e.g., lilo)
        then when I format it I get the following errors about 1/4 through the
format:

*scsi: aborting command due to timeout : pid 2276, scsi0, id0, lun0 0x0a 10
20 02 12 00
*scsi host 0 abort() timed out - resetting
*sent bus device reset to target 0
*sending did_reset for target 0
*aha1542_out failed(2): sending did_reset for target 0

I can format the whole thing in dos just fine.

If you have any suggestions or help I would greatly appreciate it.
-
Dan

2. Windows 98 re-installing

3. SCSI Time outs

4. TCPDUMP and ATM?

5. RPC time outs at boot time

6. PCI-7300A / DASK

7. Q: HELP: Cirrus PCMCIA IRQ Device time-outs...

8. Moving Linux

9. SCSI HOST 00 TIMED OUT -ABORTING PROCESS and 1542cf **help**

10. Help "SCSI host 0 timed out - aborting command"

11. fix VIA Rhine time outs (some)

12. Netscape time-outs

13. named configuartion in a ppp setup - time outs