NetScape 0.93beta is Available, but ...

Post by Chong » Mon, 21 Nov 1994 06:10:05

I downloaded netscape.i486-unknown-linux.B093.tar.Z,
untarred it, termified netscape, and tried to run it
over a term connection.

When I try to connect to any host, I always get
"unable to connect to host".  The README only suggests
that I might be behind a firewall (what is it?), and I
need to tell netscape my socks host (what is that?).

Any help will be appreciated.

Chong

P.S.  I believe termify worked fine, since the program had
no trouble locating the hosts.

1. Q: Why am I getting "Sorry - PPP is not available on this system"?????

Hello!!

Can someone help me resolve this issue.  I don't know why I am getting the
message "Sorry - PPP is not available on this system" after I issue the 'pppd'
command.

I am running kernel 1.3.83 and it appeared that I compiled 2.2.0e successfully.

And yes, I am relatively sure that I enabled PPP support in the kernel make
config question.....I'm hoping I don't have to recompile this kernel since I
already tried to re-compile it but got make errors.  If I do need to
re-compile the kernel I will have to post the actual error and warning
messages.

Also, I'm contemplating in downloading a newer kernel version
and recompiling it....the rational for this is that when I compiled 1.3.83
for the first time it worked successfully. Anybody know why this is so???

Thanks for your assistance!!!!!!

2. Panasonic CD and Slackware

3. Am I missing something or does Netscape's NEWS reader suck?

4. Redhat 9 and the Radeon 9600

5. Am I the only one having trouble with Netscape???

6. pattern matching

7. Netscape over PPP -- What am I missing?

8. is samba running ?

9. netscape and freebsd, am I such a nerd?

10. Netscape won't work after I am connected to my ISP

11. Boy am I stupid ( Proxies and Netscape)