Help w/smail to sendmail

Post by Ted Oka » Sun, 25 Dec 1994 02:17:06

Hi.
        I'm sure this is trivial, but we are looking for some system wide
file that is preventing our MUA's (pine, mail, elm) from accessing
sendmail after moving from smail to sendmail-8.6.9.  We have sendmail
pathed to the usual suspects but we've had to ln -s smail to sendmail
to get it running.. However, we'd like to clean it up a bit.  Using
linux1.1.64.
        Ahhh, may I indulge another triviality.. I'm missing an
/etc/aliases file although I have aliases.dir and .pag; the dbm files.
How do I rebuild it?  Thanks in advance and

Happy Holidays....

1. HELP CONFIGURING SENDMAIL/SMAIL ON INTERACTIVE UNIX 2.2 - PLEASE HELP!

To all fellow netters:

        I am trying to configure my machine which is running Interactive
2.2 to transfer my mail to a site that is willing to serve me as a gateway
(Lets call this system site X).  Allow me to clarify via an example. For
instance say I want to email a letter to joe who is at site A.B.C. I would

realize that it cannot resolve the address locally so it is a job for site
X to resolve.  My connection to site X is done via a UUCP connection.  The
UUCP ! address convention works.  If I want to send email to ted at site X
I would type "mail X!ted".  I would like this to be all automatic though so
that the mailer has to worry where it should go.  This would enable me to
have connections to the Internet, UUNET and BITNET.  Let me assure the
quick to flame that I did indeed RTFM so there is no need for that
response.  The documentation is lacking in its description of the
configuration.  The documentation refers to a great deal of BSD files and
directories that just simply don't exist under Interactive Unix 2.2.  This
essentially boils down to: "ANYTHING I CAN NOT RESOLVE LOCALLY SHOULD BE
SENT TO SITE X FOR FURTHER DISTRIBUTION OR RETURNED IF UNRESOLVABLE." I
would be very thankful to any one who could shed some light on this
problem.  I will be most happy to post a summary of the most effective
solution.

        Please respond via email to me since this is the quickest method of

the machine that I'm trying to configure so email will reach me no
problem).  Thankyou all one last time and PLEASE SEND HELP!

                                                Karl M.

2. Changing shell and DISPLAY in .profile based on userid

3. mail daemon: smail, sendmail+IDA 5.6.x, Sendmail 8.6.4, umail

4. Fork without wait

5. HELP trying to replace msmail with smail or sendmail?

6. open a special port via ipfw

7. SMAIL/SENDMAIL HELP!

8. veritas volume manager

9. sendmail.cf or Smail - help