smail and pseudo-user

Post by Ted Hardi » Fri, 30 Sep 1994 09:14:13

I would like to be able to send mail (using smail) which appears to
come "From" a pseudo-user other than the real user who created the mail.
(For instance, my mail "smarthost" expects me to be called "efh",
whereas I can be other things on my Linux machine). I've tried fiddling
with the config file, to no avail; maybe some other files should be
configured. So far all mail has to be created as real user "efh",
or "cb" (see below).

I'd like to be able to be real user (e.g.) "ted" or "root" and send
mail as "efh".

While we're at it, my wife is known to the smarthost as "cb" and so
it would also be nice if she could be pseudo-user "cb", whatever her real
uid on our Linux machine may be. Can both options be configured in?

If anyone knows how to do this I'd be much obliged to hear about it.

1. smail and pseudo-user

I would like to be able to send mail (using smail) which appears to
come "From" a pseudo-user other than the real user who created the mail.
(For instance, my mail "smarthost" expects me to be called "efh",
whereas I can be other things on my Linux machine). I've tried fiddling
with the config file, to no avail; maybe some other files should be
configured. So far all mail has to be created as real user "efh",
or "cb" (see below).

I'd like to be able to be real user (e.g.) "ted" or "root" and send
mail as "efh".

While we're at it, my wife is known to the smarthost as "cb" and so
it would also be nice if she could be pseudo-user "cb", whatever her real
uid on our Linux machine may be. Can both options be configured in?

If anyone knows how to do this I'd be much obliged to hear about it.

2. Large scale mail setup

3. How to create a pseudo user w/ su as user?

4. DOS Characters

5. FreeBSD4.5 copepage/keymap problems

6. Matrox Mystique ands X.

7. foo vs. _foo: a real problem

8. May 23 10:50:05 mwsbit04 pseudo: [ID 129642 kern.info] pseudo-device: devinfo0

9. STREAMS message from pseudo-device to pseudo-device

10. Help smail/smail+term problems

11. crontab entries for pseudo-users

12. Pseudo user accounts??? Help