Visual Network Monitoring Tools??

Post by Subba Ra » Sun, 17 Jun 2001 22:08:03

Are there any visual tools that will generate network maps for network admins?
Most of the tools are commercial and are specific to some platform (OpenView
from HP and NetView from IBM). I am looking for something that could be used on
Linux or OpenBSD.

Any information or pointers appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Subba Rao

1. Visual Network Monitoring Tools??

Hello,

May be you can have a look on nessus ? (http://www.nessus.org/)
which is a security network scanner. I use it very often and I appreciate:
   - the security holes database
   - the fact that it can scan large ip range
   - the fact that its report can be saved has html, latex, etc.

you can appreciate nessus via an online demo :

http://www.nessus.org/demo/index.html

  -- Ben

2. Unknown PCI device

3. SMP: errors.

4. ** Solaris PPP setup WWW page **

5. AIX5L config

6. UnixScan, a visual hosts monitoring tool