TFTP That does a fake root?

Post by Jason A. Kat » Tue, 26 Jul 1994 05:14:45

Is there a version of tftpd that will let you setup a fake root, like on a
SUN?
with tftpd on the a SUN you can specify a directory that will look like /.
I am not able to do that on my Linux box and would like to.

This is what I would like to use in my inetd.conf file:
tftp dgram udp wait root /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/in.tftpd -s /tftpboot

If anybody has any ideas on this please drop me a note.

New England Medical Center - 80 Boylston St. 11th Floor. - Boston, MA 02116
Disclaimer: The above is my personal opinion, and may not necessarily
            represent the opinions of NEMC, its management, or its staff.

1. Need to use fake IP in mail header because of dos attacks

Hi,

I need to put fake IP address into the header of the message sent to my
list.
I had 3 dos attacs and I think that they comes from some people in my
newslist.

How to hide or to send fake IP by smtp when connecting to the mail server of
possible attackers?

Thanks

Jim

2. Linux 2.4.2ac6

3. Can BIND 9 utilize a HINTS file to create fake ROOT DNS server

4. I'm exclusive

5. C Program to create Fake root for User

6. Recommendations fo hot swap SCSI

7. Fake root for ftp-user other than "ftp/anonymous"?

8. Strange ARP packets

9. how do i fake root?

10. (SUMMARY) Fake root for ftp-user other than "ftp/anonymous"?

11. enable tftp and script tftp

12. diskless machine, bootp+tftp, can it be done without nfs?

13. Default TFTP root directory?