Does anyone have an archie client on linux ?

Does anyone have an archie client on linux ?

Post by Srini Seethar » Wed, 03 Aug 1994 00:50:42

I am trying to make an archie client on my linux box. I downloaded the
source from various sites that I found using an archie running on a
sun workstation.

I get the following warning during compilation but id does not give me
a compile time error.

gcc -O -I. -I/usr/netinclude -I/usr/ucbinclude -DDEBUG -DARCHIE_HOST=\"archie.sura.net\"   -c dirsend.c -o dirsend.o
In file included from /usr/include/sys/time.h:6,
                 from dirsend.c:41:
/usr/include/linux/time.h:16: warning: `FD_SETSIZE' redefined
./pmachine.h:143: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/linux/time.h:17: warning: `FD_SET' redefined
./pmachine.h:144: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/linux/time.h:18: warning: `FD_CLR' redefined
./pmachine.h:145: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/linux/time.h:19: warning: `FD_ISSET' redefined
./pmachine.h:146: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/linux/time.h:20: warning: `FD_ZERO' redefined
./pmachine.h:148: warning: this is the location of the previous definition

When the compile is complete, the resulting binary gives me the
following runtime error.

Quote:>% ./archie xfig

./archie failed: Recvfrom failed (dirsend)

Can anyone help me. A binary would be nice, but I am willing to build it
if it is known to produce a working binary.

I am willing to settle for xarchie if someone has that.

Thanks,
srini

Post by Han K » Wed, 03 Aug 1994 08:29:21

> I am trying to make an archie client on my linux box. I downloaded the
> source from various sites that I found using an archie running on a
> sun workstation.
> I get the following warning during compilation but id does not give me
> a compile time error.

[deleted]

Quote:> When the compile is complete, the resulting binary gives me the
> following runtime error.
> >% ./archie xfig
> ./archie failed: Recvfrom failed (dirsend)
> Can anyone help me. A binary would be nice, but I am willing to build it
> if it is known to produce a working binary.
> I am willing to settle for xarchie if someone has that.
> Thanks,
> srini

I have xarchie-2.0.9 compiled in early linux 0.99 days. Let me know if you
want it. I'll mail it to you.
Haven't tried archie, but xarchie is what I use and recommend for X.
(Maybe I'm too spoiled...)

        Han..
--

Wave Propagation Lab.                 | (217) 333 - 4406
Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign | Linux - to die for