kernel 2.4.0-test11 problem

Post by Les Carte » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 18:11:14

I thought I'd try my hand at running the new 2.4.0-test11 kernel, so I
upgraded my packages, got the source and did the compile, just like I've
done many times before.

When I reboot, I just get a message telling me that the superblock could
not be read or does not describe a correct ext2 filesystem.  If I reboot
and switch back to my old kernel image (2.2.17) I have no problems.

Has anyone have any ideas?  Please send any replies both to me
personally and the newsgroup, thanks.

kernel 2.4.0-test11 problem

Post by J Sloa » Wed, 06 Dec 2000 15:45:37

> I thought I'd try my hand at running the new 2.4.0-test11 kernel, so I
> upgraded my packages, got the source and did the compile, just like I've
> done many times before.

> When I reboot, I just get a message telling me that the superblock could
> not be read or does not describe a correct ext2 filesystem.  If I reboot
> and switch back to my old kernel image (2.2.17) I have no problems.

Sounds like you omitted support for a the drive containing
the root filesystem in your kernel configuration - I would
encourage you to try again.

Pay close attention during the "make menuconfig" stage.

jjs

kernel 2.4.0-test11 problem

Post by Les Carte » Thu, 07 Dec 2000 03:34:04

Nope, I'm not that daft, made sure that ext2 was compiled in there :)

> > I thought I'd try my hand at running the new 2.4.0-test11 kernel, so I
> > upgraded my packages, got the source and did the compile, just like I've
> > done many times before.

> > When I reboot, I just get a message telling me that the superblock could
> > not be read or does not describe a correct ext2 filesystem.  If I reboot
> > and switch back to my old kernel image (2.2.17) I have no problems.

> Sounds like you omitted support for a the drive containing
> the root filesystem in your kernel configuration - I would
> encourage you to try again.

> Pay close attention during the "make menuconfig" stage.

> jjs

1. atyfb and kernel 2.6-test11 problem

Hi all,

Does anybody trie linux 2.6-test11 with atyfb ?

I have an ATI 3d rage pro (mach64).
It works fine with 2.4.23 kernel, but I did not succed in installing it with the
2.6 test 11 kernel.

I saw only a black screen until the start of X.

I tried some others configuration too but witout success.
I tried to change resolution with fbset after boot, but I froze my PC, and I had
to perform an hard reset.

Do you have an idea how can I make it working ?

Regards
tortieh

2. Dos E: is linux /dev/hda !?

3. Problem with XFree 4.0.2 and kernel 2.4.0-test11

4. HELP Can't compile Postgres95

5. NVdriver and kernel 2.4.0-test11

6. Fireport SCSI and redhat 5.2

7. ppp 2.4.0 & 2.4.0-test11 kernel

8. Why not double click on setup.exe?

9. kernel 2.4.0-test11, TNT2 and XFree 4

10. getting pppoe with 2.4.0-test11 kernel

11. Intel 815E chipset on-board video and Linux Kernel 2.4.0-test11-pre*

12. Kernel 2.4.0-test11 does not boot after Mainboard exchange

13. kernel 2.4.0-test11 and Linksys Etherfast 10/100 PCMCIA card