LFS

Post by Mark Le » Thu, 23 May 2002 12:45:32

I just finsihed getting a basic linux-from-scratch
(www.linuxfromscratch.com) system compiled and functional. It was very
rewarding.

I'm just wondering if anyone else out there has tried this and what they
though of it.

LFS

Post by Jonathan Gardne » Thu, 06 Jun 2002 17:05:35

> I just finsihed getting a basic linux-from-scratch
> (www.linuxfromscratch.com) system compiled and functional. It was very
> rewarding.

> I'm just wondering if anyone else out there has tried this and what they
> though of it.

I went through it. It was educational. I wish I backed it all up.

As always, whenever I compile kernel, I always feel like I missed a few
options...

Next time, I will tar up the file system so I can put it on a different
system and see what happens.

LFS

Post by josep » Fri, 07 Jun 2002 15:33:47

>> I just finsihed getting a basic linux-from-scratch
>> (www.linuxfromscratch.com) system compiled and functional. It was very
>> rewarding.

>> I'm just wondering if anyone else out there has tried this and what
>> they though of it.

> I went through it. It was educational. I wish I backed it all up.

> As always, whenever I compile kernel, I always feel like I missed a few
> options...

> Next time, I will tar up the file system so I can put it on a different
> system and see what happens.

Actually, I used the LFS doc and the boot disk howto to put together a 3
floppy gateway, with traffic control, port forwarding etc, on the 2.2
kernel.

floppies were:

kernel
root fs
misc stuff.

1. LFS support for smbfs in 2.5, and other improvements

Hi,

I noticed that LFS support has made it into 2.5, but it's not on the status
list (http://kernelnewbies.org/status/latest.html).

IIRC there were some plans to add oplock support to smbfs (newbie alert:
linux smb client, oplocks are already in samba server).  Maybe that should
be tracked on the status too.

Mike
-

2. IBM thinkpad 600...

3. lfs attempts to mount nfs point twice

4. CPU temperature monitoring: ACPI or lm-sensors?

5. Which FreeBSD version can run LFS (Log-Structured File System) ?

6. 2.5.71: no cursor until tty output

7. A Thank you to the LFS team

8. Multiple Network Adaptors

9. SuSE 7.1 and LFS/NFS problems?

10. Large File Support (LFS >2GB) with RH6.2, glibc 2.1.3, 2.4.9

11. Using LFS on OpenBSD

12. LFS (large filesystem) information

13. LFS-sol26