I NEED A LOCAL IP CHECKER TO SEND THE IP TO AN OUTSIDE ACCOUNT!

I NEED A LOCAL IP CHECKER TO SEND THE IP TO AN OUTSIDE ACCOUNT!

Post by Symaptic » Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:30:08

Ok, here is my problem... I am running a server on Corel Linux v2.  The
problem is it is on a static IP.  The unfortunate part is my IP goes down
frequently (Damn Bell Canada) And My server, along with the IP, goes down
(How can I connect to it if I dunno the IP).  What I am looking for is a way
for the system to constatly check the IP and see if it changes, if it does,
it e-mails my external account (Hotmail, yahoo, etc).  I have heard there is
a way to do this throguh a CRON... Can some one help me? I am a newbie to
Linux (less than a year) And I have no clue how to go about it.  Please,
someone help me.  Thanks

Kronos3.

http://Kronos3.com

Post by Davi » Fri, 26 Jan 2001 14:38:04

> Ok, here is my problem... I am running a server on Corel Linux v2.  The
> problem is it is on a static IP.  The unfortunate part is my IP goes down
> frequently (Damn Bell Canada) And My server, along with the IP, goes down
> (How can I connect to it if I dunno the IP).  What I am looking for is a way
> for the system to constatly check the IP and see if it changes, if it does,
> it e-mails my external account (Hotmail, yahoo, etc).  I have heard there is
> a way to do this throguh a CRON... Can some one help me? I am a newbie to
> Linux (less than a year) And I have no clue how to go about it.  Please,
> someone help me.  Thanks

> Kronos3.

> http://Kronos3.com

Setup a crontab to run the script below as often as needed.

#!/bin/sh
/sbin/ifconfig | /bin/grep P-t-P | /usr/bin/cut -c 21-35 | (cat <<EOF

EOF
cat

ID # 123538
Completed more W/U's than 99.016% of seti users. +/- 0.01%