qmail installation

Post by robin barbehe » Mon, 11 Jun 2001 10:46:51

I am having real trouble attempting to install qmail on my linux
system.  I am running mandrake 7.2.  I have tried many different
versions, but everytime i try to install i get module dependency
problems.  DOes anyone know exactly which version of qmail is
appropriate with linux-mandrake 7.2?  Thanks in advance!!

RB

qmail installation

Post by none » Fri, 15 Jun 2001 17:42:44

> I am having real trouble attempting to install qmail on my linux system.
>  I am running mandrake 7.2.  I have tried many different versions, but
> everytime i try to install i get module dependency problems.  DOes
> anyone know exactly which version of qmail is appropriate with
> linux-mandrake 7.2?  Thanks in advance!!

> RB

qmail does not care which system is used. Now by dependancies I assume
you have not been able to succussfully compile it. Post the errors. Have
you read the install docs that came with it? You shouldn't need moure
than a couple libs (which should already be on your system by default...).

1. qmail installation problem

I am novice to qmail and also linux. I have loaded qmail as per the
directives in Life with qmail. After loading I was able to send a
local test mail. After that I wanted to reboot the machine which I am
unable to do When I am booting I am getting the following messges
constantly-
supervise:fatal:unable to start log/run : exec format error
supervise:fatal:unable to start log/run : exec format error
supervise:fatal:unable to start qmail-smtpd/run : exec format error
These 3 lines are occuring in a loop
Please help
Regards
Chaitali

2. PPP link down automatically ?

3. qmail installation problem...

4. DCE-Perl Module

5. QMail installation

6. what tape drive for backups?

7. qmail installation problem, msgs stuck in queue, help!

8. Burning distro cD

9. qmail installation problem

10. qmail and qmail+MRTG How-Tos

11. qmail help: how do i use qmail-pw2u????

12. Qmail Server Installation Problems

13. Installation of Qmail-scanner 0.96