NFS mounting from Sun + rcp to Sun

Post by Mark Kass » Fri, 03 Sep 1993 08:20:32

Hi,

I'm trying to NFS mount a Sun partition onto my Linux system.  I'm connected
through SLIP.

When I issue the mount command, it just hangs.  Note that I can mount my
Linux partition onto the Sun with no problems.  I've got my SLIP interface
mtu set to 600.

I also have a problem with rcp, which I'm not sure whether it's related.  I
can rcp a file from the Sun to Linux, but an rcp the other way hangs.

Any ideas O' net wizzes?

Thanks,
Mark

1. Sun 3/50 can't be NFS mounted by non-Sun Unix host

I'm trying to get a Sun 3/50 running SunOS 4.1.1_U1 and another Unix
machine to mount each other's filesystems over NFS.  The Sun can mount
itself or the other Unix box just fine.  The other Unix box can mount
itself just fine.  The trouble is when the non-Sun box tries to mount
the Sun box it fails and the following appears on the Sun console.

Any ideas what might be causing this?  Are there Sun patches which might
have a positive effect on this?

Thanks....

2. CD-ROM mounting error....

3. project SUN N1, SUN PFTS, SUN SOUS

4. Problem with a printer ?

5. How to mount USB flash memory to Sun Solaris 9 on Sun Blade 150?

6. Examining the superblock of an UFS filesystem

7. project SUN N1, SUN PFTS, SUN SOUS

8. Test

9. PROBLEM: Sun locks up mounting Linux NFS drive

10. ** Anyone encountered prob. mounting linux nfs on e.g, SUN or other? *****

11. NFS mounting NT filesystem in SUN Solaris box.

12. nfs mount - sun/sgi problem

13. Xkernel (Diskless Sun workstation) panics trying to mount root from nfs