Newbie needs help creating Red Hat Linux install CD

Newbie needs help creating Red Hat Linux install CD

Post by Robi » Fri, 04 May 2001 05:18:29

Hi there.

Would some kind soul please help me out? I've downloaded the whole kit
n' kaboodle for RH Linux 7.1 and I've finally(!) figured out how to
rawrite the boot disk, but I've got over a gig in my OS directory, (and
almost a full gig of that is in the Red Hat directory) and I don't even
know where to start with trying to create the CD(s) that will actually
install Linux onto my system!

Would someone please post a file tree or something?

Newbie needs help creating Red Hat Linux install CD

Post by Marco Radzinsch » Fri, 04 May 2001 13:46:11

Red Hat has this done for you... download the CD .iso images and burn them
to CD. Otherwise, I would burn what you have onto CD... keeping the file
structure, and tell setup where it is (on the CD). I would personally go
with option 1 (the iso's), unless you want some sort of custom
install CD's.

--

Marco Radzinschi

AOL IM: CrackedBoy

"Then, in the dark hour before dawn, sirens blasted. They were announcing
departures for a world that now and forever meant nothing to me. . . . And
I felt ready to live it all again too. As if that blind rage had washed me
clean, rid me of hope; for the first time, in that night alive with signs
and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world.
Finding it so much like myself--so like a brother, really--I felt that I
had been happy and that I was happy again." --Meursault of The Stranger

> Hi there.

> Would some kind soul please help me out? I've downloaded the whole kit
> n' kaboodle for RH Linux 7.1 and I've finally(!) figured out how to
> rawrite the boot disk, but I've got over a gig in my OS directory, (and
> almost a full gig of that is in the Red Hat directory) and I don't even
> know where to start with trying to create the CD(s) that will actually
> install Linux onto my system!

> Would someone please post a file tree or something?

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. problems with 3COM 3c905 !!

3. Newbie question -- need help installing Red Hat 5.0

4. Mandrake 6.1 xemacs question

5. Newbie needs help installing Red Hat 7.0

6. Bug in Solaris 2.3 grep

7. need help installing red-hat off cd-rom

8. ifconfig pr0blems

9. Red Hat's Linux Application CD which ships with Red Hat Professional Server Version 7

10. installing red hat linux from cd - help me!

11. Newbie needs advice on Red Hat "Live" CD-ROM, please

12. NEWBIE: Problems installing Red Hat 4.1 from burned CD-ROM

13. Creating Red Hat Linux 6.1 CD