yggra... (however you spell it): installing emacs w/out xprogs

yggra... (however you spell it): installing emacs w/out xprogs

Post by Bob Pask » Mon, 26 Sep 1994 08:38:29

it seems that if you install_component emacs, but not xprogs, you
cannot run emacs without having the CD in the drive.  it says:

        emacs: can't find library 'libX11.s0.3'

libX11.s0.3 is linked from /usr/lib/X11R6/lib/libX11.s0.3 to the /system_cd...

can someone recommend a solution?

--
-- bob pasker

--

1. HoW to install Xprog.tgz?

I have upgraded to XFree4.0.1 and everything is working fine, now I need
to compile other packages which requires XFree86 headers (ie Xprog.tgz).

Question is, how do I go round installing the Xprog.tgz alone. Can I just
extract the package and move to appropriate directories. Further to that,
which directories should it reside under?

Please help, thanks in advance, appreciate all replies.

Best regards,
CN

2. Having a hard time to compile Apache with PHP support

3. Emacs spell check - where's ispell?

4. BTTV and color.

5. emacs and spelling error

6. Suitable SCSI CDROM, HD & ADAPTEC 1542C

7. IDE CDROM - used for install, however can't mount or access

8. Makefile question

9. 2.5.63-current Spelling fixes from spell-fix.pl

10. 2.5.63-current More spelling fixes from spell-fix.pl

11. Looking for non-interactive spell program, like spell

12. 2.5.63-current Yet more spelling fixes from spell-fix.pl

13. It`s IMPORTANT!!!