about nameservers

Post by Luca » Tue, 15 May 2001 04:28:12

Hi,

Some days ago I have updated my domain information

I added some more nameservers liked
ns1.mydomain.com with internet address 111.222.333.444
ns2.mydomain.com with internet address 111.222.333.444
ns3.mydomain.com with internet address 111.222.333.445
ns4.mydomain.com with internet address 111.222.333.446

to mydomain.com via Network Solution

I have machines that use the IP 111.222.333.445 and 111.222.333.446, but I
did not do any settings to them.

but yesterday I find the mydomain.com can't be connected at all suddently
because I did not do any settings to my DNS, so I just wanna ask that, would
it be the problem of that I added the 2 more nameservers liked
ns3.mydomain.com and ns4.mydomain.com??

Thanks very much.

about nameservers

Post by David E. Smit » Fri, 18 May 2001 04:25:45

Last time, on the hit series comp.os.linux.admin,
Lucas shocked the world by saying:

Quote:> Some days ago I have updated my domain information

[ snip ]

This would be a LOT easier to diagnose if you'd be so kind as to provide
real names and addresses. Your description of the problem is sufficiently
vague as to render it almost meaningless.

...dave

1. Nameserver troubles

We have just set up a Linux nameserver on our local net prior to networking
all our PCs. The other Linux box can talk to it and has no problems, but
one of our HP700s can't. nslookup works fine, we can telnet and ping by
name but the mailer returns "host unknown".

Does anyone have any idea what's wrong? Is it Linux or HP-UX that's the
problem?

BTW, the one that won't mail is a HP710 running UX 8.07. We also have
a HP720 running UX 9.01 which is quite happy to use the server.

--
There is, and there always has been, an unusually high and consistent
correlation between the stupidity of a given person and that person's
There is, and there always has been, an unusually high and consistent
correlation between the stupidity of a given person and that person's
propensity to be impressed by the measurement of IQ.
                                                (Christopher Hitchens)

2. weird problem with vi

3. Two nameservers, but data not being shared

4. 1 server to do both proxy and web serving

5. PPP on two linux machines, nameserver problem

6. erasing a cd-rw

7. Nameserver discovery after pppd starts; How to?

8. Yggdrasil SCSI confusion ...

9. nameserver question

10. nameserver problems/mail server problems fixxed

11. CCSO Nameserver installation

12. need route map for LAN behind gate/router/nameserver

13. linux/ms network nameserver issue