scroll wheels and 24 hour clocks

Post by ne.. » Sun, 07 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello,
>I currently use kde (whatever came with the Mandrake 5.3 (festen) release,
>haven't checked kde ver).  Anyway, my more-linux-knowledgeable friend said
>that he heard that mouse scroll wheels work in kde.  If this is true, i'd
>like to get the one on my logitech mouseman+ working, cause it's a pretty
>cool little gadget.  Also, i can't get the clock on the bar at the bottom to
>display in 12hour mode.  I've tried right-clicking and it doesn't seem to
>bring up a clock settings menu like my friend suggested.  I've also tried
>the control panel, but no luck.  Any tips are welcome,

I use imwheel-0.95 for my rodent wheel. A search on
Freshmeat (news.freshmeat.net) should give you pointers.

WRT the clock K -> KDE Control Center -> Applications
-> Panel -> Options and in the section marked others
choose 'Clock shows time in AM/PM format' then apply
works fine for me.

--
Did it ever occur to you that fat chance and slim chance mean the same thing?

Or that we drive on parkways and park on driveways?

scroll wheels and 24 hour clocks

Post by Code » Sun, 07 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Here is the clock fix:

1. Click on KDE Control Center
2. Then "Applications", "Panel", "Options"
3. Check "Clock shows time in AM/PM format"

Hope this helps!

On 6 Mar 1999 05:46:23 GMT, "Stanley J Wrobel"

Post by Jim Ros » Sun, 07 Mar 1999 04:00:00

>Hello,
>I currently use kde (whatever came with the Mandrake 5.3 (festen) release,
>haven't checked kde ver).  Anyway, my more-linux-knowledgeable friend said
>that he heard that mouse scroll wheels work in kde.  If this is true, i'd
>like to get the one on my logitech mouseman+ working, cause it's a pretty
>cool little gadget.  Also, i can't get the clock on the bar at the bottom
>display in 12hour mode.  I've tried right-clicking and it doesn't seem to
>bring up a clock settings menu like my friend suggested.  I've also tried
>the control panel, but no luck.  Any tips are welcome,

>STEFAN WROBEL

I have mouseman working great with KDE.
Check out a program called IMwheel
http://solaris1.mysolution.com/~jcatki/imwheel/

Works with all wheel I think, but I've used it for mouseman and intellipoint
sucessfully.
Jim