KDE installation problem

Post by sami.bengrin » Mon, 19 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi everybody,

I am trying to install KDE on a laptop with a RedHat 5.1 distribution. I
have dowloaded the following RPMs packages from www.linuxberg.com : QT 1.42,
KDE Support, KDE Libraries, KDE Base.
I have first installed Qt then tried KDE Support (Libraries requires Support
and Base requires Libraries).

The problem is that RPM says that I need libungif and libjpeg 6-5. I haven't
found libungif on my system (how do I know that easily and quickly). I have
found libjpeg 6-3.

Can anybody help me on that specific topic ?

Many thanks,

    Sami BEN GRINE

KDE installation problem

Post by sami.bengrin » Mon, 19 Apr 1999 04:00:00

That's solved. I've found the packages libungif and libjpeg (version above
6a-5 is required so I took it from redhat 5.2).

Sami.

KDE installation problem

Post by Brian Phillip » Tue, 20 Apr 1999 04:00:00

At the ftp mirror directory you used to get the kde packages, there
should also be a directory that contains the libjpeg and libungif
packages.  The Caldera-hosted U.S. mirror has them at:

ftp://ftp.us.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/distribution/rpm/RedHat-5....

and I assume they should be in a similar location on the Belgian mirror
as well:

ftp://ftp.belnet.be/pub/mirror/ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/

When I installed RH 5.1, I marked the "select individual packages" box,
and found and loaded these from the disc.  That worked with KDE on my
system, so you might try looking on your RedHat installation CD, too.

HTH,
bdp

--
* *  73 de KC5OQG  * *
my other PC is a S/390

1. Kde installation Problem

Hi all:

I start to use FreeBSD 2.2.5 for a month la, and want to install KDE.
However, I meet quite a lot of problem, can any one HELP me
I have downloaded some file from Internet, here are
    kdesupport
    kdelibs
    kdebase

    kdegames
    kdeutils
    kdegraphics
    kdemultimedia
    kdenetwork
    kdeadmin
[they are all  *.lsm and  *.tar]

After extract them with   tar xvzf   command, I have got so many file
extracted.
Can I use     make install    to port it ? how ?
I still need to connect to internet during installation ?

2. Boot

3. Weird KDE installation problem: user works, root doesn't

4. GREP for Pattern and 10 Lines *above*

5. KDE installation problem

6. PCI Wireless Cards for Linux

7. KDE Installation Problems

8. Boca IO AT66 multiport serial --- HELP

9. kde installation problem

10. Kde installation problem