Liquid

Post by Fre » Tue, 07 May 2002 06:05:43

Hi,

I'm using SuSe Linux on a pention II with KDE 2.2.2. I've used the
high performance liquid style for about 4 or 5 months and I was happy
with that. Now I upgraded the liquid.rpm to version 0.9.4 dated the
16th of april 2002. Now the liquid stype doesn't show up anymore in
the list of available styles. The styles that ARE available I do not
like. Anyone have an idea on how get the liquid style back on my
desktop?

Fred

Liquid

Post by Sagdalo » Tue, 07 May 2002 06:40:36

> Hi,

> I'm using SuSe Linux on a pention II with KDE 2.2.2. I've used the
> high performance liquid style for about 4 or 5 months and I was happy
> with that. Now I upgraded the liquid.rpm to version 0.9.4 dated the
> 16th of april 2002. Now the liquid stype doesn't show up anymore in
> the list of available styles. The styles that ARE available I do not
> like. Anyone have an idea on how get the liquid style back on my
> desktop?

Maybe you have installed a KDE3 rpm. I'm not sure if liquid is supported
under KDE2.2.2 anymore. You might have to upgrade to KDE3 if you want to
continue using liquid. I did, and KDE3/liquid looks great. It's even quite
fast on a PII-400.

--
Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies.
-Nietzsche

Liquid

Post by Jason Bourn » Tue, 07 May 2002 09:50:02

[snip]

Quote:

> Maybe you have installed a KDE3 rpm. I'm not sure if liquid is supported
> under KDE2.2.2 anymore. You might have to upgrade to KDE3 if you want to
> continue using liquid. I did, and KDE3/liquid looks great. It's even quite
> fast on a PII-400.

HI:

        Yes, that version of Mosfet-liquid is for KDE3. I lost Liquid when I
upgraded to 3 'cause the one for 2.2.2 didn't work anymore but 0.9.4 fixed
that.

Liquid

Post by Robert_ » Tue, 07 May 2002 13:30:14

> [snip]

>> Maybe you have installed a KDE3 rpm. I'm not sure if liquid is supported
>> under KDE2.2.2 anymore. You might have to upgrade to KDE3 if you want to
>> continue using liquid. I did, and KDE3/liquid looks great. It's even
>> quite fast on a PII-400.

> HI:

>         Yes, that version of Mosfet-liquid is for KDE3. I lost Liquid when
> upgraded to 3 'cause the one for 2.2.2 didn't work anymore but 0.9.4 fixed
> that.

I found that compiling and installing this version (0.9.4) on Debian Sid
(KDE 3.0) caused konqueror to have scrolling problems. (shadows at the
bottem of screen and jerky scrolling).  Anyone else notice this ?
Note: everything else was just fine with the theme- this is the only glitch
I noticed.

all the best,
Robert_L
--
Debian 3.0
KDE-3.0

Liquid

Post by Fre » Tue, 07 May 2002 18:18:54

> [snip]

> > Maybe you have installed a KDE3 rpm. I'm not sure if liquid is supported
> > under KDE2.2.2 anymore. You might have to upgrade to KDE3 if you want to
> > continue using liquid. I did, and KDE3/liquid looks great. It's even quite
> > fast on a PII-400.

> HI:

>         Yes, that version of Mosfet-liquid is for KDE3. I lost Liquid when I
> upgraded to 3 'cause the one for 2.2.2 didn't work anymore but 0.9.4 fixed
> that.

Thank you all. I upgraded to kde 3 and now the high performance liquid
style is back. Upgrading to version 3 of kde gave some problems. With
the help of Sagdalon who pointed me to
http://mail.bmtsolutions.com/suse_faq/desktops.html#AEN1248 I managed
to do a post-install to make kde 3 work.

Fred

1. Get liquid with KDE3

"Fans of desktop eyecandy who have moved to the new KDE3 have
something to celebrate: there is now a Liquid theme for it.

"Liquid, written by Daniel M. Duley (known throughout the
community as "Mosfet"), offers a number of features that
cause the KDE desktop to resemble the "Aqua" desktop of the
MacIntosh. Among the  most striking of these is alpha blending
which allows for transparent menus on KDE-native  applications.

"Earlier, Mosfet had said that he was not porting the theme
to KDE3 because the desktop had become too much of a moving
target. But in the release of the KDE3 version, he praised
KDE developers for  addressing his concerns..."

http://www.linuxandmain.com/news/liquid.html

2. PPP causes X app weirdness

3. Compiling Mosfet's Liquid KDE theme

4. formation linux!!!

5. Transperency After Liquid

6. Getting UUCP to dial

7. mosfet-liquid is dead

8. Getting to UNIX box via Token Ring(novell) through Windows

9. liquid linux installation program

10. Liquid on 3.1.1

11. mosfet-liquid and KDE 3.0

12. Mosfet's Liquid