konqueror wont open web pages

Post by p coope » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 07:21:48

If I type a url in the address box in konqueror it asks me if

Open 'http://url_I_typed_in' using 'Konqueror'?

when I click 'yes'
I get this:

There appears to be a configuration error. You have associated Konqueror
with text/html, but it can't handle this file type.

Post by ataraxia250 » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 08:41:15

> If I type a url in the address box in konqueror it asks me if

> Open 'http://url_I_typed_in' using 'Konqueror'?

> when I click 'yes'
> I get this:

> There appears to be a configuration error. You have associated Konqueror
> with text/html, but it can't handle this file type.

go to Control Center/Kde Componentes/File Associations
then type "html" in "Find filename pattern", then click on the Embedding tab
and check the "Show file in embedded viewer"

if this doesn't do anything or if u have no idea how to do this, just delete
your .kde folder log out and log in and everything should be working, the
only drawback is that you might lose your kde conf files but that's not a
big deal except for your bookmarks and stuff but those can be exported or
saved.

good luck!

konqueror wont open web pages

Post by p coope » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 17:28:13

thanks - fixed .the first option sorted it.

1. I can ping my web server but can't open page in web browser

I have recently installed RedHat 8.0 on my web server. It came with
Apache version 2 and it works fine on the local machine. But when I
check out my site, www.strictlyrc.com, on my other computer, I get DNS
error or cannot find server. From the msdos prompt I ping
www.strictlyrc.com and I get a response. Please help, I'm pulling my
hair out.

2. Making uninstall file lists

3. Web Pages Greyed Out - Konqueror Help

4. Info-Kermit Digest V2 #1 -- New Unix Kermit

5. Konqueror: Web pages & PDF docs

6. 2.0 kernel - loopback fails

7. Any way to "watch" a web page with Konqueror?

8. Have anyone used Onstream IDE DI30 tape drive?

9. Utility to convert PowerPoint "web pages" into real web pages?

10. SuSE 7.1 - YOU update run, then Konqueror crashes on man or web pages, Kmail fails

11. Konqueror - opening full page

12. Konqueror and its handling of adverts in web pages.

13. Web pages in Konqueror 2.0rc2 and some other questions