Web links not working in Konquerer

Post by Dave Brow » Tue, 20 Aug 2002 00:56:25

I seem to have somehow messed up the text/html file settings. It is
configured for 'Konquerer Web Browser', but when I click a URL anywhere it
starts Konquerer in the task panel and eventually just goes away without
opening the window.

Any ideas?

Dave

Web links not working in Konquerer

Post by Dave Brow » Tue, 20 Aug 2002 01:07:43

Everything worked fine until I tried to change the association of text/html
to Mozilla. Once I tried to change it back to Konqueror the problem
started.

Dave

> I seem to have somehow messed up the text/html file settings. It is
> configured for 'Konquerer Web Browser', but when I click a URL anywhere it
> starts Konquerer in the task panel and eventually just goes away without
> opening the window.

> Any ideas?

> Dave

Web links not working in Konquerer

Post by Dave Brow » Wed, 21 Aug 2002 00:07:57

Well I deleted my .kde files and it fixed the problem. Now newsticker will
not work. sigh...........

I see it on the taskbar and then it just goes away.

Dqave

> Everything worked fine until I tried to change the association of
> text/html to Mozilla. Once I tried to change it back to Konqueror the
> problem started.

> Dave

>> I seem to have somehow messed up the text/html file settings. It is
>> configured for 'Konquerer Web Browser', but when I click a URL anywhere
>> it starts Konquerer in the task panel and eventually just goes away
>> without opening the window.

>> Any ideas?

>> Dave

1. Konquerer does not work

I really want to be a KDE fan. But Konquerer is intolerable. It
crashes constantly. Many things just don't work that I take for
granted in other browsers. The fonts are incredibly bad and often
unreadable unless I use a huge font. I just went to a site, and a page
that is supposed to have a side panel surrounded by text completely
juxtaposes the text from the panel on top of the text that is supposed
to be (and is in other browsers) outside the panel.

Why are non-working versions of the software released? Is there a
better browser for Linux (that is fully featured and works)?

This certainly doesn't make me love KDE or Linux.

I'd love to see Linux put Microsoft out of business, but this is an
example of why it will never, ever happen.  Is the Linux community
incapable of turning out software that works?

Who made the decision to release this non-working software?

2. How do you UP the Hard limit on the stack?

3. Konquerer's built-in PDF viewer not working...

4. ftpd authentication

5. shmem works static-linked, but not dynamic-linked

6. Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode

7. Plug-ins not not seen by Gimp

8. Re-compiled kernel won't boot. PLEASE HELP!!

9. Web browser does not work aftern modem works.

10. konquerer link colors

11. Konquerer link click sound

12. Konquerer - reading cached web pages off-line

13. Konquerer and web security