lost AntiAliasing with upgrade to kde 2.2 beta

lost AntiAliasing with upgrade to kde 2.2 beta

Post by mikepolnia » Fri, 06 Jul 2001 05:31:11

i upgraded kde 2.1 (with AA working)   by upgrading these pkgs with Debian
apt-get:

kdelibs3 beta1-2
kdebase-libs  beta1-3
kdebase beta 1-3
konqueror beta 1-3
knode cvs 0622
kmail cvs 0622

Everything seems to be working ok  and the new features are really useful,
but what do i need to get back my antialiasing?  Its not an X issue because
direct rendering is  still enabled as before the upgrade.

Post by Harmen Schaa » Fri, 06 Jul 2001 20:39:11

> i upgraded kde 2.1 (with AA working)   by upgrading these pkgs with Debian
> apt-get:

> kdelibs3 beta1-2
> kdebase-libs  beta1-3
> kdebase beta 1-3
> konqueror beta 1-3
> knode cvs 0622
> kmail cvs 0622

> Everything seems to be working ok  and the new features are really useful,
> but what do i need to get back my antialiasing?  Its not an X issue
> because
> direct rendering is  still enabled as before the upgrade.

I don't know anything about these packages, so can't help with that. But do
you get AA when you run the apps from the commandline. Make sure to set
QT_XFT=1 first. That should set AA on. If you still don't get AA, you
have a non-kde problem (at least that's what I think).

--
Harmen Schaap

1. Upgrading KDE 2.2-11 to KDE 3.0.3

Good Day All,

        I am new to linux, and I am currently running Red Hat 7.2 distribution. I
am wanting to upgrade KDE 2.2-11 to 3.0.3. I have downloaded all of the
packages from the KDE site, but I am having problems installing and running.
        After forcing an install, and enter the KDE environment, the screen
flickers as if trying to begin but conitinues to loop. I have tried
installing the environment according to the directions at:
http://www.linuxbeginner.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=38, but
have come to this failure.
        Perhaps someone may help me with this issue. If more information is
required, as I am sure that it is, I will provide.

Robb

2. 3c589 initial system load via NFS

3. KDE 2.2 beta 1 base compile error

4. $ENV{EQUIVALENT}

5. KDE 2.2 beta 1 did croak my icons

6. Windows 95 Coexisting with Linux

7. KDE 2.2 beta 1 mp3 audio grabbing

8. test

9. KDE 2.2 beta 1 screen shots link here

10. KDE 2.2 Beta 1 for Tru64 Unix released.

11. KMail with KDE 2.2 beta 1

12. Upgrading from KDE 2 Beta to KDE 2.0.1

13. HOW to upgrade to samba 2.2.3a without losing previous samba configuration