kdesktop_lock not accepting password

Post by P.J » Thu, 15 Aug 2002 20:51:26

Hi,

I'm running a SuSE 8.0 with the latest updates for KDE (Version 3.0.2).
After the last update I have problems with the kdesktop_lock application,
either if started by the screensaver of if started by pressing alt-ctrl-l.

When I try to unlock the desktop, my password is not recognized. I'm quite sure
I didn't misspell it. Of course I can switch to a console and kill the
kdesktop_lock application but this kills my X server in about every fifth time
I do that.

Anybody got any ideas?

P.J.

1. wu-ftpd does not accept password with special characters

wu-ftpd doesn't accept special characters in the password.  It says
login incorrect, where as my telnet with the same password works.  When
I remove the special characters (like =, +), it works.

Why?

Ravi

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Driver for Dlink 200 Isa

3. ascii char not accepted as password in X

4. SOUND: SB screwed up my modem?

5. Password change not accepted

6. Help: SCO ODT3.0: lp results: copy file too large

7. ssh does not accept my password

8. Phone-Book / Database Wanted

9. pop server is not accepting password

10. passwords not accepted

11. ftp is not accepting the password

12. Password not accepted

13. smbclient asks for password but never accepts the password entered.