Setting a window on top

Post by S??bastien Charla » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 22:37:03

Hi,

 I'm trying to make sure that an certain application always stay on
top.

  I tryed using kstart --ontop <app>, but since the app uses a
splashscreen, it doesn't seems to work.

  Also, I cannot rely on the user to set the attribute by himself
using the top window bar. That would require them to be aware of what
they are doing! (God forbid)

  Is there a message I can send to kde to ask him to keep the window
on top?

Cheers,

Seb

Setting a window on top

Post by Pascal Brüc » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 05:38:44

> Hi,

>  I'm trying to make sure that an certain application always stay on
> top.

>   I tryed using kstart --ontop <app>, but since the app uses a
> splashscreen, it doesn't seems to work.

>   Also, I cannot rely on the user to set the attribute by himself
> using the top window bar. That would require them to be aware of what
> they are doing! (God forbid)

>   Is there a message I can send to kde to ask him to keep the window
> on top?

> Cheers,

> Seb

Try <app> --help, maybe you can start it without splashscreen.

Try kstart --window <app> --ontop, kstart without a given window gets the
first one which will start.

Try kdcop, maybe you find a dcop call for your needs.

:)paxcal

1. Squid Setting IP Forward (Top Top Top Urgent)

Why are you using 168.1.1.x for your network addresses? This is a
network that's allocated to Credit Suisse - which is in Switzerland.

Squid is configured to forward your real (internal) IP address. ISA
isn't.

The quick fix is to change squid not to forward your internal IP
address. The correct fix is to use a private network address as defined

in RFC 1918. Typically this is one starting 192.168.x.x.

I'm understand the problems, but i can't change the network design now.

So, How To do that (quick fix to change squid not forward my internal
ip address) ?? Is it add a iptables or config some etc .....

Please Please Please Please help me

Many Many Many Many Many Many Many Many Many THANKS

2. core dump in setuid process ?

3. Windows opening with their tops off the top of the screen.

4. dosemu/wine.

5. setting xconsole window settings

6. Cannot Unlock Use Account

7. Gates says security is now a top priority for Windows!

8. Norton Ghost to Linux

9. Howto have an always on top window

10. Windows off the top of the screen

11. top x-windows desktop?