Konsole on Solaris8

Post by Peter B. Ensc » Wed, 04 Jul 2001 09:37:23

I'm running KDE2 on Solaris8. Neither xterm or konsole display
colored text - eg for syntax highlighting. I did not have the problem
with CDE's dtterm.

Any ideas?

Peter

Konsole on Solaris8

Post by Nils O. Sel?sda » Wed, 04 Jul 2001 18:18:26

Quote:> I'm running KDE2 on Solaris8. Neither xterm or konsole display
> colored text - eg for syntax highlighting. I did not have the problem
> with CDE's dtterm.

Syntax highlightning on what?
file listing ? should 'cat myfile.c' give you syntax highlightning ?
Quote:> Peter

Konsole on Solaris8

Post by Peter Ensc » Wed, 04 Jul 2001 21:29:33

> > I'm running KDE2 on Solaris8. Neither xterm or konsole display
> > colored text - eg for syntax highlighting. I did not have the problem
> > with CDE's dtterm.
> Syntax highlightning on what?
> file listing ? should 'cat myfile.c' give you syntax highlightning ?

> > Peter

Syntax highlighting in vim. I'm using the same version of vim and
the same .vimrc/.exrc files as I used in CDE - there I had color,
in KDE I don't.

Peter Ensch,

Konsole on Solaris8

Post by Alan Coopersmit » Sun, 08 Jul 2001 15:13:22

|I'm running KDE2 on Solaris8. Neither xterm or konsole display
|colored text - eg for syntax highlighting. I did not have the problem
|with CDE's dtterm.

Solaris xterm doesn't support multi-colored text - of the terminal
programs provided with Solaris, only dtterm recognizes the escape codes
to change text color.

Konsole on Solaris8

Post by Nils O. Sel?sda » Tue, 10 Jul 2001 16:33:16

> |I'm running KDE2 on Solaris8. Neither xterm or konsole display
> |colored text - eg for syntax highlighting. I did not have the
problem
> |with CDE's dtterm.

> Solaris xterm doesn't support multi-colored text - of the terminal
> programs provided with Solaris, only dtterm recognizes the escape
codes
> to change text color.

So export TERM=dtterm should solve his problem.
But, are there any easy way i can get a colored 'vim' and also use
my arrow keys for navigating(while in editing modus ?) Somebody have
a termcap entry for that?

1. sessions in konsole vs. several konsoles

It is nice that I can put several sessions in one konsole window, but
I can't get a list of all the konsole sessions that I have: I can get
a list of all konsole windows, and I can get a list of all sessions
within one konsole, but not a list of all sessions in all windows.

Is this possible?

kai
--
~/.signature is: umop 3p!sdn    (Frank Nobis)

2. Compiling source with shell script

3. C++ app built on Solaris8 Generic_108528-07 crashes on Solaris8 Generic_108528-07

4. Replacing NT "Server" with Linux...need help w/ mail config

5. Cleaning Konsole History Programmatically

6. Help with small Password App!

7. Konsole

8. error message saying "cannot label disk while its partitions are"

9. Colour LS in Konsole

10. konsole problem in KDE 1.1.2(XFree 4.0.1/Mandrake 7.1)

11. Copy from Konsole (Paste into Jedit) help

12. konsole 1.0.1 - several sessions at startup

13. KDE 2.1.1 - Konsole only scrolls unless root