"Desktop files"

Post by Doug Laidla » Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:20:32

Where should I copy "desktop" files to, and do I need to edit them?

I am running Mandrake 9 with KDE3.  A supplied desktop file is installed
under /usr/local/kde/share/applnk/Multimedia/, but if I copy it or link it
to ~/Desktop, it can't find the executable or the icon.

Doug.

"Desktop files"

Post by Lauri Watt » Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:01:28

"Desktop files"

Post by Doug Laidla » Tue, 28 Jan 2003 22:10:42

Thanks Lauri.  This was a source tarball, so I have some control over it.

Doug.