ANNOUNCE: KDevelop 1.2 released

Post by Neil McAlliste » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

> - support for GNOME application development ( incl. application
> framework and automake/autoconf based projectmanagement)

Now no-one can complain that the KDE and GNOME camps don't want to work
with each other.  This seems a great idea.  (I haven't tried KDevelop
at all, but I will when I get time (being a student I think that means
when I retire!).

Neil.

ANNOUNCE: KDevelop 1.2 released

Post by Jeff » Sat, 06 May 2000 04:00:00

Let me prefeace this by saying that I'm not much of a programmer (yet)
though I have done some, just nothing huge.

Anyway. Kdevelop is amazing. I haven't tried 1.1 or 1.2 yet but I've been
using 1.0 and am fairly thoroughly impressed. I happen to own VC++ 4.0 and
kdevelop seem very similar in form and function ( i never got to deep into
Vc++ this little linux thing came along and somehow developing for windows
just didn't seem as fun... damn and I got all them books too ).

Anyway I think this is one of those projects where you can look at it and
say.. Wow really good quality work and with the more recent stuff I'm sure
I'm gonna be happy.