PNGs in KDE/kfm 1.1.2???

Post by Daniel Robert Frankl » Fri, 26 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

KDE/kfm 1.1.2 seems to have problems displaying PNGs. They either come up
black or with half the image squashed up on one side & with colours
seemingly randomly assigned. Is this a libpng versioning problem? Any known
solutions? I'd guess it is fairly urgent to have fully functional PNG
support since Unisys' `crackdown' on GIFs...

The system is Debian-potato (2.2-unstable) with libpng2 version 1.0.5, glibc
2.1.2.

Thanks,

- Daniel
*       Daniel Franklin - Postgraduate student in Electrical Engineering

PNGs in KDE/kfm 1.1.2???

Post by Michael A Adam » Fri, 26 Nov 1999 04:00:00

>Hi,

>KDE/kfm 1.1.2 seems to have problems displaying PNGs. They either come up
>black or with half the image squashed up on one side & with colours
>seemingly randomly assigned. Is this a libpng versioning problem? Any known

I have the same sort of trouble with other graphic files  the red and blue
color-planes
get swapped ~~i wonder if kde isn't 32bpp aware or if its an endianness (is
that a word?)
problem?

1. No javascript in kfm with kde-1.1.2 (kfm-1.167.2.21)

I have just installed kde-1.1.2 and I have found that javascript no
longer works in kfm.  Sites using javascript report that it is not
enabled in the browser.

I cannot find any option for switching it on.  Can anyone help?

Chris.

--
If replying by e-mail, remove the --nospam--

2. PATCH: DRIVERNAME SUPPRESSED DUE TO KERNEL.ORG FILTER BUGS

3. KDE 3.1 and Shift-Ins

4. newbie: what is '#' in set display machineIP:#

5. Something is broken in X/kfm : major opcode 12 error when kfm is launched

6. Redhat5 - what's wrong with it?

7. "ERROR: KFM is not running" when starting kedit, kview from kfm

8. DHCP

9. Something is broken in X/kfm : major opcode 12 error when kfm is launched

10. KDE Smokes MS in KFM/IE SSL Bugfix

11. kde/kfm bug

12. KDE and kfm

13. KDE: KFM NOT READY