Irritating animated icons in Konqueror

Post by Lionel » Sat, 25 May 2002 20:03:18

Hi,

Running Konqueror 2.2.2 (KDE 2.2.2-2) on a RH 7.2 (+ latest updates)
system. If I expand any directory in the sidebar I get the yellow
animated KDE icon superimposed on the folder icon... which then refuses
to go away. The entire sidebar graphic flickers (and many CPU cycles are
chewed) - it appears as if Konqueror is repeatedly trying (and failing)
to open something.

This never happened in 2.2.1. Any ideas?

Regards,

--
Lionel B

Post by Andre Somer » Sun, 26 May 2002 03:02:38

> Hi,

> Running Konqueror 2.2.2 (KDE 2.2.2-2) on a RH 7.2 (+ latest updates)
> system. If I expand any directory in the sidebar I get the yellow
> animated KDE icon superimposed on the folder icon... which then refuses
> to go away. The entire sidebar graphic flickers (and many CPU cycles are
> chewed) - it appears as if Konqueror is repeatedly trying (and failing)
> to open something.

> This never happened in 2.2.1. Any ideas?

> Regards,

It's a bug that has been reported many times (search for yellow +cogwheel).
It is gone in 3.0

Andr

1. Konqueror's irritating preview 'feature'

Aargh!!! This is driving me crazy!  Ok, so I accidentally click on an .ogg
file with the middle mouse button and it starts playing - fair enough, but
how on earth are you meant to stop it again???  (I mean apart from waiting
for the song to finish...) I can stop it by "killall artsd" but surely
there's a better way...and a tip for the KDE developers - you need to make
this a lot more obvious.

2. Bonding both isdn channels

3. Konqueror: how to stop animated GIFs

4. Linux with MMX

5. animating xpm icons

6. kermit

7. KDE Animated folder icon question

8. primary bus?

9. Animated icons

10. Animated icons, How?

11. Where I can find macromedia flash plug-ins for Konqueror?

12. Animated and color icons ?

13. animated icons