DCOPserver not running?

Post by Frog » Fri, 31 May 2002 00:10:09

I'm getting this whenever i attempt to start kde3 or any kde program

        There was an error setting up inter-process communications for KDE.
        The message returned by the system was:

        Could not read network connection list
        /....blah blah blah..../

        Please check that the dcopserver program is running!

Ok, im dumb...how do i fix this?

Thanks

DCOPserver not running?

Post by Walt Shekro » Fri, 31 May 2002 08:41:31

Not a lot of info here?
What distro what kernel... did you load 3.0 recently as in in never worked
right?

If so
find / -iname libfam.so.0
If you do not have one
get the source at
ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/fam/download
compile it

This alleviated this condition for me.
No guarantee .... as I said I'm doing a lot of guessing with how little
you posted.

-Walt

> I'm getting this whenever i attempt to start kde3 or any kde program

>         There was an error setting up inter-process communications for KDE.
>         The message returned by the system was:

>         Could not read network connection list
>         /....blah blah blah..../

>         Please check that the dcopserver program is running!

> Ok, im dumb...how do i fix this?

> Thanks

1. dcopserver is not running

Hi All,

I am trying to run KDE on Windows using cygwin.
when I start KDE
I get the followoing error

[: ==: unknown operand
kdeinit: launch -> dcopserver --nosid
kdeinit: Launched DCOPServer, pid = 686 result = 0
_KDE_IceTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.ICE-unix should be set to root
Signal 11
DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
DCOPServer self-test failed.
Signal 11
kdeinit: DCOPServer could not be started, aborting.
kdeinit: launch -> dcopserver --nosid
kdeinit: Launched DCOPServer, pid = 380 result = 0
_KDE_IceTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.ICE-unix should be set to root
Signal 11
DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
DCOPServer self-test failed.
Signal 11
kdeinit: DCOPServer could not be started, aborting.
Could not register with DCOPServer. Aborting.
connect() failed: : Connection refused

waiting for X server to shut down

Let me know what I have to do to,solve this?

Regards
Gnanavel

2. hr@edps.com.hk

3. DCOPserver has stopped running for some users

4. Needing advice

5. Usenet serial board

6. DCOPserver already running

7. Motif

8. WTF GIVES with DCOPserver not starting!!!!! Please help!!!

9. dcopserver of KDE not starting with ICE error

10. problem Netscape Communicator 4.03 not running but netscape 3.04 is running

11. Can not RIPQUERY host that runs gated, but if run routed works?

12. New: oups while running mc, not able to run xterm nor kterm in xfree86