Cannot log in from KDM

Post by FDis » Tue, 06 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I have RH 5.1 set up at runlevel 5 and starts kdm.  I was trying to install
WordPerfect and uninstalled the FVWM packages to make room.  I rebooted and
get the kdm logon screen but when I try to log in the top part of the screen
gets 1 inch vertical lines, flashes and then goes back to the beginning
screen with and empty user name box.  No error message given.  What he hell
did I do?  I am assuming the deletion of FVWM killed some files that KDE
depended on.  Hopefully I can get back in, install FVWM again and be back
up.  Any ideas?

Wayne

Hi,

I've setup a FreeBSD 4.1.1-STABLE box to connect a network to the internet
with natd and ipfw firewall.
I've also setup the FreeBSD box to let teleworkers log in with FTP and
telnet.

Now I would like to log FTP and telnet Log-in's from teleworkers who connect
to the machine from the internet.
I woul like to see the time and IP numer from which users Log-in.

I have looked at the /var/log/messages file but this only shows SU Login's.

All help is greatly appriciated!

Luke

2. problems with aha 2940 summary

3. After upgrading to RC2, cannot log in using kdm(even as root!)

4. Mosaic locks my term session

5. kdm - Can log in as user, but cannot use menus

6. print on an NT machine

7. kdm: Cannot log in as root anymore!

8. mixing Solaris 2.5 native threads and pthreads - is this OK?

9. /var/log/kdm.log exceeding 800M

10. Cannot log in as root AND cannot run xterm as user...

11. logging cannot access log

12. Cannot start KDM etc

13. Cannot load KDM in Mandrake 8.1