Disable desktop menu

Post by Thomas Leonhard » Tue, 21 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
I would like to disable the menu on top of the
screen in kde2 (not kpanel). I was told that there
should be a menu entry in the popup menu which
appears if I right-click on the desktop. But
I ain't got no entry. I searched the web but could
not find anything helpfull. The documentation seams
to conatin nothing as well.
Any hints welcome.
Thanks Thomas

Disable desktop menu

Post by Thomas Overgaar » Tue, 21 Nov 2000 04:00:00

> Hi,
> I would like to disable the menu on top of the
> screen in kde2 (not kpanel). I was told that there
> should be a menu entry in the popup menu which
> appears if I right-click on the desktop.

You are allmost there. Rightclick the desktop and choose the "Configure
Desktop" entry. In the Desktop pane unset "Enable desktop menu".

--
Thomas O.

Disable desktop menu

Post by Christian Gebaue » Tue, 21 Nov 2000 04:00:00

> Hi,
> I would like to disable the menu on top of the
> screen in kde2 (not kpanel). I was told that there
> should be a menu entry in the popup menu which
> appears if I right-click on the desktop. But
> I ain't got no entry. I searched the web but could
> not find anything helpfull. The documentation seams
> to conatin nothing as well.
> Any hints welcome.
> Thanks Thomas

Try to use "Disable Desktop Menu" in the "Desktop" menu.

Christian
--

Disable desktop menu

Post by Thomas Leonhard » Wed, 22 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Thanks,
I found the check box. Maybe I should try to get new glasses.

Thomas

Quote:> Hi,
> I would like to disable the menu on top of the
> screen in kde2 (not kpanel). I was told that there
> should be a menu entry in the popup menu which
> appears if I right-click on the desktop. But
> I ain't got no entry. I searched the web but could
> not find anything helpfull. The documentation seams
> to conatin nothing as well.
> Any hints welcome.
> Thanks Thomas

Disable desktop menu

Post by Mike Chas » Fri, 24 Nov 2000 04:00:00

> Hi,
> I would like to disable the menu on top of the
> screen in kde2 (not kpanel). I was told that there
> should be a menu entry in the popup menu which
> appears if I right-click on the desktop. But
> I ain't got no entry. I searched the web but could
> not find anything helpfull. The documentation seams
> to conatin nothing as well.
> Any hints welcome.
> Thanks Thomas

I've got the same problem but using the disable box doesn't work anyone had
similar problems. Also I can't get the active desktop borders to work. The
box is grayed out and won't tick.
--
Mike Chase
(To beat ever increasing spam

1. Desktop Menu unable to disable

I just installed Mandrake Linux 9.0 beta with KDE 3.0.2.

The Desktop menu is visible and does not close whem I go to
Desktop>Disable Desktop Menu.

It does not disabled when the i go to Desktop settings - KDE Control
Module and click the tab Desktop and select then unselect "Enable Desktop
Menu".  Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Bryan

   http://www.newsfeed.com       The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

2. Slackware 2.3 with Win95

3. Disable menu entry

4. any users of CRISP editor?

5. How to disable 'Toggle Menu Bar' option with dtterm

6. switching from AbiWord unidirectional to AbiWord bidi

7. kppp disables all menus (newbe)

8. Solaris Ultra2 Xserver Problem

9. CDE File Menus - how to get rid of/disable Open Terminal

10. XVIEW Textsw-package - disabling the menu

11. any way to disable login window menus?

12. primary boot program- disabling menu

13. Lost my menu & desktop settings