Netscape plug-ins problem

Post by John Gree » Thu, 09 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I originally set up KDE2 without this option (didn't have lesstif and
didn't know better) but have since installed lesstif and rebuilt
kdebase with nsplugin support. However plug-ins still do not work and
no option appears in kcontrol. Do I need to recompile anything else?
--
John Green

Netscape plug-ins problem

Post by Noble Peppe » Thu, 09 Nov 2000 04:00:00

> I originally set up KDE2 without this option (didn't have lesstif and
> didn't know better) but have since installed lesstif and rebuilt
> kdebase with nsplugin support. However plug-ins still do not work and
> no option appears in kcontrol. Do I need to recompile anything else?

I recompiled kdelibs and kdebase (in that order) and it works for me.

Do not forget to rm config.cache before you run configure and run ldconfig
after compiling each library.

Netscape plug-ins problem

Post by Alexandre Arsenaul » Thu, 09 Nov 2000 04:00:00

> > I originally set up KDE2 without this option (didn't have lesstif and
> > didn't know better) but have since installed lesstif and rebuilt
> > kdebase with nsplugin support. However plug-ins still do not work and
> > no option appears in kcontrol. Do I need to recompile anything else?

> I recompiled kdelibs and kdebase (in that order) and it works for me.

> Do not forget to rm config.cache before you run configure and run ldconfig
> after compiling each library.

If it dosen't work just by removing config.cache try a "make clean" before
./configure

1. Netscape 4.51 and plug-ins problem

I have NS 4.51 installed on RH Linux 5.2/kernel 2.2.3.  I can start
Netscape up fine, browse the web, look at newgroups, etc.  When I get to
a site or click on a link wants to access one of the plugins Netscape
will shutdown completely.

I have the Netscape Default Plugin, Shockwave Flash and Plugger 3.0
plugins installed.  I can see this when logged in as a normal user or as
root.  Netscape acts the same under either account so that tells me that
access rights isn't the problem.

My sound system is working, I can cat xxx.au/.wav/.mid to /dev/audio and
hear them ok.  Any thoughts on where I should begin working on this
problem?  TIA.

Bill

http://members.home.com/wcattell
Park not thy Harley in the darkness of thine garage, that it
may collect dust for want of being oft ridden. Ride thy Harley
with thy brethren, and rejoice in the spirit of the road.

2. new driver

3. Netscape plug-ins on AIX 4

4. web-based calendar system w/ palm synch. served by solaris

5. plug-ins netscape

6. Math Packages?

7. Netscape helpers and plug-ins, also java help

8. VGA Device not found

9. List of plug-ins for linux/netscape please!

10. Netscape and Plug-ins

11. Netscape plug-ins

12. Acrobat Reader 4.0 MIME Type for Netscape plug-ins

13. netscape plug-ins