Binaries of KDE2 for SuSe 6.3, Redhat 6.1 and Mandrake 6.1

Binaries of KDE2 for SuSe 6.3, Redhat 6.1 and Mandrake 6.1

Post by moln.. » Sat, 22 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I have also heard from users of SuSe 6.3, Redhat 6.1 and Mandrake 6.1
the binaries work on those builds as well.

I have packaged and made available for all the KDE2 Prealph binaries in
RPM and tar.gz format. This distribution is based on the cvs snapshot
of 01172000.

They where built on a RedHat 6.1 system and I know they install and run
on that build. Use at your own risk. Remember it is ALPHA code.

Find it at: http://www.nebsllc.com (follow links for kde2alpha code)

or ftp://nebsllc.com/kde2/current

PLEASE SAVE EVERYONE TIME AND READ THE README files first!

Have fun!
Chris

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Binaries of KDE2 for SuSe 6.3, Redhat 6.1 and Mandrake 6.1

Post by SkiDudeChri » Sun, 23 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Anyone else having problems with this build?

I've tried installing both the RPMs and the tarballs and get the same
errors everytime i run /opt/kde2/bin/startkde

kinit: error in loading shared libraries: /opt/kde2/lib/libkdecore.so.3:
  undefined symbol: pixmap_C18QMimeSourceFactoryRC7QString

Any clue on what the problem may be.  I've added /opt/kde2/lib to
ld.conf file..

help

TIA
Chris

Binaries of KDE2 for SuSe 6.3, Redhat 6.1 and Mandrake 6.1

Post by David Faur » Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:00:00

You need to install Qt 2.1.0 as of 20000114, or "qt-copy",
and make sure it's found before qt 1.x when running KDE2.

See ftp://mandrakesoft.com/pub/david/kde1-and-kde2.txt
for more.

> Anyone else having problems with this build?

> I've tried installing both the RPMs and the tarballs and get the same
> errors everytime i run /opt/kde2/bin/startkde

> kinit: error in loading shared libraries: /opt/kde2/lib/libkdecore.so.3:
>   undefined symbol: pixmap_C18QMimeSourceFactoryRC7QString

> Any clue on what the problem may be.  I've added /opt/kde2/lib to
> ld.conf file..

> help

> TIA
> Chris

David Faure

1. ANNOUNCE: New binaries available for KDE - Redhat 6.1, Mandrake, SuSe 6.3

Hello!

I have built a new set of binary distributions based on a CVS snapshot
at 8:00am EST 1-25-2000. I have created both a RPM and a -BIN.TAR.GZ
distribution.

To those who have downloaded QTCOPY dated 01-19-2000 - You do not need
to update this. Continue using the same qt copy. (file name qtcopy-
01192000). This should save you some download time.

These binaries are ALPHA code so the only guarantee you have is that
they will take up hard drive space.

Please read the README in the FTP / HTTPD directory before downloading
anything.

These binaries are know to work on Redhat 6.1, Mandrake 6.1, and SuSe
6.3, and I think someone got them working on Caldera (no idea which
build). If you get them working on something else other than what I
just listed, please let me know so I can add them to the list.

You MUST install:

Qtcopy (or leave it installed)
KDESUPPORT
KDELIBS
KDEBASE

And then whatever else you desire.

RPM - You will most likely need to use the --nodeps flag and the --
force flags. Make sure you install qt copy first.

For those upgrading from my last distribution: To be safe you make want
to:

Mv /opt/kde2 /opt/kde2.old

Prior to doing this install. That way you still have your last version.
Of course you can do what I do and just over-write it or delete it.

So, where do you find this great stuff?

ftp://nebsllc.com/kde2/current

or

http://www.nebsllc.com  and follow the links for kde2 alpha code.

reply to all the personal emails that I get, please write to the list
first.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. The Well-Tempered Unix Application

3. Suse Linux 6.3 or RedHat 6.1 whats better

4. Strange options when doing make allnoconfig

5. how to install RedHat 6.1 and SuSE 6.3 on computer with Windows98

6. Line buffer and Full buffer

7. Redhat 6.1 to SuSE 6.3 Problems

8. Need help with ppp on Sun Sparc/Solaris

9. RedHat 6.1 binaries and RPM's available for KDE2 PreAlph

10. ANNOUNE: KDE 2 Alpha binaries for Redhat, Mandrake and SuSe 6.3

11. Star Office 6.1 on Mandrake 6.1

12. RH 6.1 and Mandrake 6.1 Freeze on Install

13. Can Redhat 6.1 host eXceed 6.1 Xsession? How?